Skully Helmets with Heads Up Display

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRide

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Skullyhelmets.com

Check this out, made in California, DOT certified.

Embedded speakers, bluetooth, voice activated command and patchable to a lot of wireless devices (I think).

Also has a 180 deg. rear-view heads up display in the face shield.

From site:

...'Introducing Bluetooth pairing and voice control for Skully helmets. Pair your phone to the helmet, and unlock the connectivity potential of your mobile device while riding. The Skully P-1 allows you to control the interface with your voice. You can control your music, send texts, make calls, and change your destination all hands-free. Never before has riding been so connected...'

Home3.png

Video:

https://www.skullyhelmets.com/heads-up-display-helmet/

Currently in Beta testing. You can apply as a beta tester under 'Blog'/comments.

If the visor attachment mechanism is the same as my CarboTech flip up, wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

Looks very similar, those red locking slide tabs are useless, they loosen up real easy, lift the visor and the whole ring keeper flies away.

Real hard to remove the visor, eg say to wash it, and even harder to reattach it.

IMG_20131113_101911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the nice things I like about being on the bike is the lack of connectivity when riding. It's something I actively seek sometimes. Why on earth would you actually want to talk on the phone, send texts, etc. while riding. Isn't this shit dangerous enough as is?

One of the nice things I like about being on the bike is the lack of connectivity when riding. It's something I actively seek sometimes. Why on earth would you actually want to talk on the phone, send texts, etc. while riding. Isn't this shit dangerous enough as is?
You can turn it off anytime you want. It is also nice to have when you want/need it. Communication in the helmet is nothing new. Tons of other people and I currently have music, navigation, bike to bike communication, driver to passenger communication and phones set up in their helmets.

Looks like they're marketing the cool factor, catering to those who need the next new gadget. I can see the distraction factor...... I try to keep that to a minimum. However, my RAM truck has a voice recognition feature in the high end radio. Will prompt you that there's a new text message from so and so, and you can listen to it as well as look at it, then reply via voice (in the US, not in Canada, as there has to be a service provider). I can see that coming next in this helmet............

Also, bluetooth is flaky..... and does it communicate with other brands of headsets, who knows. Did anybody sign up as a beta tester?

Just for giggles, I signed up for the beta test. No word yet on when or how participants are selected. I mentioned FJR and all the wired up, and attempts at wireless patching that goes on. As far as quality, that would be the testing phase that will take place. I'm currently wired up with everything patched through an autocom. As the world goes wireless, and it is, I thought this might be an interesting package... all-in-one. If it's Shoei quality, it could be a big hit. We'll see.

Not sure if you guys have seen this , but Mission Motorcycles sells electric bikes with 150hp and 120ftlbs, 200 mile range, and includes HUD display to helmet and integrated camera with recorded telemetry data. The looks like it would be a blast to ride.

Only problem is the entry level version is $30k and the fully loaded RS version tops out at $72k (including Federal govt rebate!). I'd love to take one of these out to a track but can't imagine the pain of watching $72k tumbling through a big high!

This HUD in a helmet sounds kinda cool, putting some neat technology into a more affordable package ( hopefully).

https://www.mission-motorcycles.com/rs