• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway Motorcycle Accessories website is launched

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being new to the FJR world (picked up bike yesterday) I was scoping your various trick pieces in here last night. A collective place to ease collecting the bit's..cool.
Welcome, Motopimp. You have found one of the best resources on the web. Ian does some wonderful things and his stuff is just the tip of the iceberg around here. The FJR Forum is populated by many great (mostly compulsive type A) people with a wealth of experience (by way of analogy, they make the Traveling Wilburys look like beginning musicians) and good ideas, always willing (eager) to share and learn. Though there was one fellow who was into sheep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian,

The site looks great! However, I found a problem. I cannot find your account information anywhere on your site. How am I supposed to direct deposit my next couple of paychecks into your account?

The site looks great!!! I do have a question about orders. If, I was to order two items and one was out of stock does the entire order wait to get all the items in stock to ship. Or, would the order come in two shipments?

Thanks,

John T

The site looks great!!! I do have a question about orders. If, I was to order two items and one was out of stock does the entire order wait to get the all items in stock to ship. Or, would the order come in two shipments?
Thanks,

John T
If for some reason the order cannot be completed at time of placement, I will ship items separately at my expense.

Note to anyone buying any of my products.

After today, I will no longer be accepting paypal as a form a payment. All orders must go through the website. I will be refunding all $$'s sent through paypal.

After today, I will no longer be accepting paypal as a form a payment. All orders must go through the website. I will be refunding all $$'s sent through paypal.
But those of us that ordered in the days before your announcement still count, right??

If you'd like, I can cancel my order via PayPal and go through your site instead. Or, is it too late for that?

Note to California residents:

The website didn't compute and add CA sales tax, so we owe the tax. The State of California doesn't forgive it, so either Ian pays it (not likely), the state will be notified and they will squeeze you, plus penalties, or in an extreme case (where someone might refuse to pay) I should think Ian would have to cancel the order to preserve his standing as a businessman with the State of CA.

Hey, he's just the messenger for your elected representatives and the people they appoint to run the Ca. State Franchise Tax Board.

Evidently the problem is now fixed and all CA residents will automatically be charged. The issue is for we who ordered mui pronto.

After today, I will no longer be accepting paypal as a form a payment. All orders must go through the website. I will be refunding all $'s sent through paypal.
But those of us that ordered in the days before your announcement still count, right??

If you'd like, I can cancel my order via PayPal and go through your site instead. Or, is it too late for that?
All orders prior to today will be honored through paypal. Your also in luck as the farkles are the same. :lol:

No need to to cancel and re-order anything. I don't the extra work load right now. :huh:

I know you have asked for pictures of this from other members (hopefully that is going well)

My suggestion(s):

-Place a picture on your new site for color options (looks like you may have added some new ones)

(Many new buyers will want to know what the colors look like)

These are all very good points, and so far the only person who has come to my aid in supplying me some photo's of a particular color option is Turbodave.

I was going to send you some pics of mine, I think they would really help show all the colors that could be ordered, do you want some?

Oh, if you don't remember I got black bases and black bags with black trim. :p :p

No need to to cancel and re-order anything. I don't the extra work load right now. :huh:
Skyway

I sent you an e mail through you web page.... I think I fouled up shipping costs.
I'll check it out.

Folks, I would just like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has called, emailed, messaged etc with words of encouragement and support. The response has been phenominal!! I just want to let everyone know that it hasn't gone un-noticed.

I'm working as long in the day as my eyes will focus to get ahead. :sleepy:

Anyway, it's time to get back to it. :dribble:

I'm working as long in the day as my eyes will focus to get ahead. :sleepy:
Anyway, it's time to get back to it. :dribble:
Don't lose track of time and forget to go to WFO. Sounds like you could use the break.

Ian,

I sent you an e-mail from your web site contact informaiton last Friday notifying you that I haven't received my Delrin sliders yet. I ordered on 6 June via paypal. I'm not sure what's going on, but I was under the impression that you have caught up on production as of last week and a big shipment of sliders went out on the 16th? I can PM you more specific information if you lost my order -

Anybody else out there who have been waiting an extended period of time?

Herkypilot

***UPDATE***

Read my second post below.

Herkypilot, I spoke to Ian by phone this week. I placed an order through PAYPAL (mid June) and I saw where he was no longer doing PAYPAL on his website. He assured me that there would be no problem with my order, and that he had sent out a large quantity of sliders this week. The problem was with the machine that produces his sliders. It is now up and running and spitting them out in mass quantities. I expect we will have ours any day now.

Thanks YT,

Skyways is going to have to get someone to help with communication with his customers if he is busy with production. I can be patient, but when you don't hear from a vendor that he received your order it starts to become a problem. Yes I've read all to posts on the delays due to the new machine and all. The last thing I herd was that he was up and running two weeks ago and sent out a big shipment on the 16th. I haven't received my sliders two business weeks later, I start to get concerned that my order got lost in the shuffle somewhere. I've tried to contact Ian several times and have not received a reply. I know - the usual stuff - he's busy. Nobody on this site can say "they don't mind" waiting an extended period of time with no personal contact from the vendor/no acknowledgement that they ever received the order. Just a Paypal receipt that the money was sent.

Herkypilot

****UPDATE****

Ian called me yesterday and said he was on the road, but all slider orders were shipped this past monday. He had a lot of back orders to get out and was now caught up. He said if I don't receive my sliders in the next couple of days, to call him and he would make sure he shipped another set out to me early next week. Good conversation on the phone and I'm glad he called! He said he tries to make it a point to contact all his customers.

Herkypilot

Herkypilot, I hear you. I was concerned as well, thats why I called Ian. I was afraid I was lost in the shuffle, just like you were/are thinking. I can't argue that improved customer service would help his business and maybe he will work on that in the future. From all I read he is a stand-up guy and his products are excellent, but poor customer service can negate positives in other areas of a business.