• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway Motorcycle Accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
He's #1 in my book! Growing pains to be sure, but he'll get it sorted out soon I expect. :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you an email a few minutes ago. After you have read the email, if you would like refund, I'll take care of it immediately.

The first email I received on Saturday, and the second just before noon today.

I've sent three emails in the last month or so but still no reply...I guess he's flat out trying to solve everyone's orders...I'm sure he'll get around to mine sooner or later...He's busted a gut to get this thing off the ground so a bit of slack would be nice I think...

There is a phone number listed on his website. Spend a few cell minutes, and get things straightened out. Some guys just aren't much for email. Autocom Keith is one guy that comes to mind. I would never even think of emailing him for service, or doing business with him any other way than by phone.

Not you, Thug. The LD rates from a different world would be outrageous, not to mention the time difference. You'd have to wake up at like 1:00 am to catch him at the office.

Not you, Thug. The LD rates from a different world would be outrageous, not to mention the time difference. You'd have to wake up at like 1:00 am to catch him at the office.
Can't do anything about the time difference, but the year I have spent over here in Italy I just brought my vonage box with me. $25/mo covers 100% of my long distance and I keep the same US number. Worth a shot if you find yourself calling the US a lot. All you need is high speed Internet.

On one hand I agree with Radman, Skyway needs some help. It seems his one man show is growing out of control (For good reason - He makes some really nice stuff). I ran into similar delays with a few items but everything worked out in the end.

On the other hand we are not shopping at Amazon.com or some other HUGE operation. We are paying for quality, one of a kind items you really can't buy elsewhere. In the meantime we will either have to learn how to make this stuff ourselves or be patient.

Those of you who know him or have just met him once, know his attitude is not "Screw customer service, that is someone else's job" I really believe he is trying, it comes down to only so many hours in the day.

Can't do anything about the time difference, but the year I have spent over here in Italy I just brought my vonage box with me. $25/mo covers 100% of my long distance and I keep the same US number. Worth a shot if you find yourself calling the US a lot. All you need is high speed Internet.

On one hand I agree with Radman, Skyway needs some help. It seems his one man show is growing out of control (For good reason - He makes some really nice stuff). I ran into similar delays with a few items but everything worked out in the end.

On the other hand we are not shopping at Amazon.com or some other HUGE operation. We are paying for quality, one of a kind items you really can't buy elsewhere. In the meantime we will either have to learn how to make this stuff ourselves or be patient.

Those of you who know him or have just met him once, know his attitude is not "Screw customer service, that is someone else's job" I really believe he is trying, it comes down to only so many hours in the day.
Wow! I don't know if you guys want to hear my experience then, I'll give it anyway. Ordered on the web last thursday and got the order on Monday! I've been there done that with owning my own business, there aren't enough hours in some days. That being said, many times it's worth the extra wait for a good product.

g :rolleyes:

I've sent three emails in the last month or so but still no reply...I guess he's flat out trying to solve everyone's orders...I'm sure he'll get around to mine sooner or later...He's busted a gut to get this thing off the ground so a bit of slack would be nice I think...
Hey Thug,

I didn't get any messages from you. :glare: I'm looking into the possibility that the current virus floating around is playing havoc on my email server? Anyway, I'll try to get this resolved.

Your email to me never did arrive Ian, nor did any of the anti-spam shit they have here stop it-I received the initial order email no problem.

I truly hope the is a "merciful god". Especially since my wife will be getting the M/C statement within 30 days. However, I couldn't resist the deal and have ordered the lights.

I knew I would eventually.

I think it was the thought of running into an over sized rabbit (Buck or Doe?) that tipped the scales!

LC

I am a long way from you guys, but I have found Ian to be a top bloke.

Due to a problem beyond Ian's control he has sent my order before being paid for it, email response has been spot on.

Just give him a little slack maybe, I am sure he will be on top of his game after sorting out new machines and setting up his web site.

I spoke with Ian today and you wouldn’t believe the cluster F#@K he’s having with the Soltek people. Sounds like they hired a bunch of 3rd graders to box and ship out the group buy orders. Missing parts, double ships, etc….etc. Now they’re giving him a bunch of crap over shipping costs, etc.

He’s going to have to eat a lot of the costs and may loose money on this deal in the end just to get everyone their orders.

If you were a part of this group buy and received extra components, please get them back to Ian and if you were missing a part of your order, kindly let him know and have some patience.

He’s working hard on getting everything sorted out.

Ian’s a good guy and he’ll make it right in the end.

This post was totally unsolicited and Ian, I hope you don’t mind me sharing your plight with the group.

Rob

I spoke with Ian today and you wouldn’t believe the cluster F#@K he’s having with the Soltek people. Sounds like they hired a bunch of 3rd graders to box and ship out the group buy orders. Missing parts, double ships, etc….etc. Now they’re giving him a bunch of crap over shipping costs, etc. He’s going to have to eat a lot of the costs and may loose money on this deal in the end just to get everyone their orders.

If you were a part of this group buy and received extra components, please get them back to Ian and if you were missing a part of your order, kindly let him know and have some patience.

He’s working hard on getting everything sorted out.

Ian’s a good guy and he’ll make it right in the end.

This post was totally unsolicited and Ian, I hope you don’t mind me sharing your plight with the group.

Rob
Well, I haven't received anything yet....So I can't be ticked off yet... Besides, I think I was the last one to join the group buy. I do hope Soltek doesn't forget me as my CC has been charged...AND my wife has already noted the expenditure.. I'm paying for the lights in more than one way!

I'm sure all will turn out OK, and Yes Ian is a good guy. I'm not worried! Besides it takes me 3-6 months to get any farkle installed...Still have a Break Away throttle lock, and Starcom to finish installing. It's only been a year, but I'll get er done. :dribble: :clapping:

LC

I don't mind paying for the shipment of my missing rock cover and wiring clip.

Mistakes happen and I just can't see Sky paying for the mistake of BajaDesign.

Sky - Let me know what I will owe you for shipping.