• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway Replacement Moko Slider in Delrin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyway

Reaction score
Same basic concept as the aluminum slider I offer for the Moko brakets.

Note: They fit perfectly on any 03-05 FJR that already has the GSG Moko slider kit installed. They are longer than the supplied moko slider, since some believe that it is not long enough. No mounting hardware supplied, only the sliders.

Rumour has it that a single moko replacement is $60.

Price $65.00 delivered to the lower 48

Please mail a check payable to Ian Laing to:

Ian Laing - Replacement Gen. 1 Delrin Slider Kit

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

IMG_1650.jpg

Side by side comparison showing size difference between a stock moko puck vs. my puck

IMG_1974.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Delrin? For all us un-technical ijiots out here.
The same black polymer that the original moko slider is supplied with.

I guess now if you want, you could go one side Aluminum and one side Delrin? :D

I'm in, if they are extended in width like the alum ones !!

Does Skooter get a discount if he buys in bulk ? :D

Note: They fit on the 03-05 FJR that already have the GSG Moko slider kit installed.
Skyway,

So the new Delrin sliders are POLISHED?

Jim

edit: Guess I should've Googled it first...d'oh!

What's Delrin? For all us un-technical ijiots out here.
DuPont Delrin: Acetal homopolymer resin. Read: Tough-ass plastic. Oh, and it has 'homo' in the descriptor. Should make you feel right at home, oh Google challenged one. :bleh:

My current ones are good, but I'll buy a set in Reno if they're longer than the original versions I've got... never hurts to have a backup set.

I'm in, if they are extended in width like the alum ones !!
Yes they are extended as are the aluminum.

Does Skooter get a discount if he buys in bulk ? :D
Don't even get me started on that one. You see he wants, but the buy is the missing part of the equation. COD for ScooterG. :D

Do you have them for the 06 in the new material?

One of the things I wonder about, is in the event of a tip over, the alluminum ones will transmit the entire shock of the fall directly into the frame, which can't be good for the welds. I think one made out of some sort of impact absorbing material or at least with some sort of rubber bumper on the end of it might not be a bad idea. Thoughts?

One of the things I wonder about, is in the event of a tip over, the alluminum ones will transmit the entire shock of the fall directly into the frame, which can't be good for the welds. I think one made out of some sort of impact absorbing material or at least with some sort of rubber bumper on the end of it might not be a bad idea. Thoughts?
Been hashed over a few times Fred. There was a huge discussion on this on the Internatioanl board a few years ago. The board owner Joos / Bike Johnny / Matteisse wouldn't carry the aluminum pucks for the reasons you state, harder shock impact to the frame and the aluminum sliding further down the road than the Derlin. :blink:

You'll get opinions on both sides of the fence each one defending their choice. :unsure: And remember were not talking " tip over " situations but " Slider " situations.

Ian, Sent you a P.M. about my aluminum sliders, think you sent off the wrong ones. Walt

Hey folks, as of 07/14/2007, I have a website for taking all orders for the various farkles I make. I am no longer taking orders by email, or via threads on the forum. Nor am I accepting Paypal any longer. All communication to me regarding orders should be made via the website.

You can purchase my farkles with a variety of payment options here: www.skywaymoto.com The website will make the ordering process much easier for everybody involved and will provide much better service to my customers by giving automatic email verification of orders, and tracking information.

Also, you will be able to see on the website if a certain item is in stock or not. I am going to have admin close these threads, so there is no confusion on how to contact me, or order farkles.

I appreciate all your support, and strive to provide the best possible service and farkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.