• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SkyWay,

With your talents, have you given any thought to creating a "farkle" bar that goes accross the handlebars for mounting electronics?

Best Regards,

Shane

Ian, snail mail on the way, thanks, Eric.

Last edited by a moderator:
SkyWay,
With your talents, have you given any thought to creating a "farkle" bar that goes accross the handlebars for mounting electronics?

Best Regards,

Shane
BikeEffects sells one through his company...listed under vendors...and he gives a discount.

BTW, I love the sliders....a little "bling-bling" in Elk Grove.

What is the torque in LBS/FT for these sliders....install looks simple enough, is it?

What is the torque in LBS/FT for these sliders....install looks simple enough, is it?
40ftlb (55Nm)

The sliders are simple to install, no fairing removal necessary. They come with instructions which make it so that even I can do it! :D

Just to confirm, these for the '06, are sliders and not just tip over guards?Thanks.
I would not consider them as only tip over guards.

Has there been any resolution to the nylon(soft) vs. aluminum(hard) controvery for slider material.

The nylon ones do not emit the pretty sparks when in use. :haha:
Hmm, I've done plenty of grinding of aluminum and steel with bench and angle grinders--I must say, I've never seen aluminum emit a pretty spark either. Must be that newfangled steeluminum ya' got there!

Update.

I just want to let you guys know that I was a little thrown off with the response for the '06 slider package. All I can say is that I'm humbled that so many of you guys want them, or anything else I've made for that matter. Making accessories for the FJR has evolved for me as I could not find exactly what I wanted from anyone else, except for the '06 sliders. I have had some late evenings between last week and today.

As of today they are all machined and now I will be going back through and giving them a polish as I did with the previous batch.

All hardware/instructions/packaging/shipping labels are complete for everyone and all sliders should be polished and ready to go by tomorrow evening. They are all set up for 2 day delivery.

Sorry for the delay.

Well I guess I should point out that M/C accessories are not what keeps the lights on at my company. Lately I have been working on this system, which is completely trick from a medical perspective.

da Vinci® Surgical System

Status
Not open for further replies.