• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess I should point out that M/C accessories are not what keeps the lights on at my company. Lately I have been working on this system, which is completely trick from a medical perspective.
da Vinci® Surgical System
That's very trick!

Is it (or similar) currently in use? Any feedback on "mortaility" (or accident or whatever) rates between it and live surgeon? Even if it's slightly higher, I wonder if that might be offset by being able to have a "better" surgeon remotely than happens to be patient local? Just curious, I know, way off topic.

Hopefully I'm not too late to send in money for a set! I'm sending off my check today hopes that I'm not.

Even if I am too late let me also chime in my sincere *thanks* for you doing this!

Bunsen

Heh... that is very cool, although you might have made the surgeon interface look like something other than a big buttocks.... :D

Skyway are you still taking orders for the sliders? As soon as I hear from you I will paypal you if you are still making them. Thanks!

Skyway are you still taking orders for the sliders? As soon as I hear from you I will paypal you if you are still making them. Thanks!
Uh uh 6ft5, gorilla for an avatar, my friend you can have them anytime YOU want! :D

Well I guess I should point out that M/C accessories are not what keeps the lights on at my company. Lately I have been working on this system, which is completely trick from a medical perspective.
I NEED one of those.....How impressed are my friends going to be when I mix up a margarita with that....

Well I guess I should point out that M/C accessories are not what keeps the lights on at my company.  Lately I have been working on this system, which is completely trick from a medical perspective.
I NEED one of those.....How impressed are my friends going to be when I mix up a margarita with that....
At over 1,000,000 a piece to just get started, I'd say you would have the worlds most expensive drinks shaker. :D

I'm not at the age yet where I might appreciate this system, but to give you an idea of its capabilities, a person who has a five way bypass with this dog puppy can be up and running again in less than 6 weeks, without the side effects of a cracked rib cage. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully I'm not too late to send in money for a set! I'm sending off my check today hopes that I'm not.
Even if I am too late let me also chime in my sincere *thanks* for you doing this!

Bunsen
No your not to late.

Well I guess I should point out that M/C accessories are not what keeps the lights on at my company.  Lately I have been working on this system, which is completely trick from a medical perspective.
That's very trick!

Is it (or similar) currently in use? Any feedback on "mortaility" (or accident or whatever) rates between it and live surgeon? Even if it's slightly higher, I wonder if that might be offset by being able to have a "better" surgeon remotely than happens to be patient local? Just curious, I know, way off topic.
Yes it is in service right now, although a lot of new instruments are being developed for it. The video clip only shows a snippet of what this system can do, seeing it at work once inside the body is unreal.

Uh uh 6ft5, gorilla for an avatar, my friend you can have them anytime YOU want! :D
Thanks! As soon as I update my Paypal info I will get it out to you. UPDATE: Money is sent .Thank you for your efforts:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll also be sending a check today (or tomorrow if i miss the mail today).

Question -- someone remarked that there are required additional brackets for the '06 -- is this true? if so -- where do we get the brackets?

I'll also be sending a check today (or tomorrow if i miss the mail today).
Question -- someone remarked that there are required additional brackets for the '06 -- is this true? if so -- where do we get the brackets?
All mounting hardware is supplied, no additional brackets are required. :)

Just want to let everyone know that I shipped a bunch of sliders Saturday morning in the order in which I received payment. All other shipments will be shipped by Tuesday, due for delivery by Thursday.

Ian,

I just found this discussion. Last week I mailed you $80 not knowing how much your sliders were. I will mail you another five bucks tomorrow.

Ron

Just want to let everyone know that I shipped a bunch of sliders Saturday morning in the order in which I received payment. All other shipments will be shipped by Tuesday, due for delivery by Thursday.
Thanks Ian, now I just need the bike. Ya used FedEx didn't ya?????? :D :D

Hey Ian;

I can't believe I spaced this off, but I totally spaced this off. :eek: Am I still able to order a pair of these, or will I need to wait a while?

It has been brought to my attention that my supplier of bolts has given me a different size bolt head. It is not the same bolt as what I used for the mock-up, so there's insufficient clearance for a socket to fit inside my slider.

I will be calling them first thing in the am to get this straightened out.

The mercury is rising.

Sorry about this.

It is going to take me an extra day to go back on modify all the sliders that were scheduled for shipping today. The correct fasteners for my design are way out on delivery, so this will be the fastest way to get them to you guys. We're only talking removal of around 1mm to get this socket to fit. :angry:

For all those who I have already shipped to, I will need to get them back for modification and will cover all shipping costs.

Skyway

16928 B Crestview Drive

Sonora, CA 95370

There are 2 people whom I shipped sliders to D&H who really need them to ride home. This does not sit well with me that what is going to show up will not work for the long ride home. The head size of the bolts in the package are 19mm for which that socket will not fit. If there's any way the guys at D&H can grind the head down for an 18mm socket to fit the bolt, this will at least get you home with fairing protection. This is a piss poor way to get the damn bolt fitted up to the bike, but right now there is not enough time for me to ship another 2 sets to D&H in AL.

Again let me apologize for the inconvenience, and I will get this straightened out ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.