• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's 2006 & 2007 FJR Delrin Slider Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all who have ordered sliders:

3 of us took a ride to Sonora today and got to SEE Skyway's new "toy"...a computer controlled, automatic stock feed lathe with milling capabilities. WOW, is that thing PURDY! Of course, it is merely set into place awaiting the electrician to wire the new service panel, run the conduit and wiring and the factory reps to come and install the options and align everything (On Monday...???!!). BUT, once this thing is up and running, Skyway will be "in the groove" making sliders, hydration bases, etc., etc., etc., for our FJRs and "beyond". :yahoo:

Plus he told us about some new ideas he has to vacuum more hard earned cash from our pockets. Whatta guy! :rolleyes:

Sooooo, be patient as the man is making a huge investment so he can more readily serve the motorcycling community and it's needs and desires for "improvements" and personalizations.

Good luck, Ian, and thanks for all you do providing us with quality pieces for our bikes. Here's wishing great success for you! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian ,I just sent a paypal paymaent for sliders. about three days late since I set my06 down in the drive last thurs. (minimal scratches,but still made a grown man cry!)

3 of us took a ride to Sonora today and got to SEE Skyway's new "toy"...a computer controlled, automatic stock feed lathe with milling capabilities. WOW, is that thing PURDY! Of course, it is merely set into place awaiting the electrician to wire the new service panel, run the conduit and wiring and the factory reps to come and install the options and align everything (On Monday...???!!). BUT, once this thing is up and running, Skyway will be "in the groove" making sliders, hydration bases, etc., etc., etc., for our FJRs and "beyond". :yahoo:

Plus he told us about some new ideas he has to vacuum more hard earned cash from our pockets. Whatta guy! :rolleyes:

Sooooo, be patient as the man is making a huge investment so he can more readily serve the motorcycling community and it's needs and desires for "improvements" and personalizations.

Good luck, Ian, and thanks for all you do providing us with quality pieces for our bikes. Here's wishing great success for you! :clapping:
We wrapped up for the day (Saturday) at 10:30pm last night and were back at it this am (Sunday) until about 2:00pm today. Machine gets setup tomorrow and away we go!!

It was good to see you guys yesterday, and helps maintain the sanity while working long hours.

No burned wire smells yet I hope? :blink:

No burned wire smells yet I hope?
Nope! Andrew was able to wire the powered and ground barrier strips, the relay and the Starcom-PTT-powered twoway radio and not let any "magic electrical smoke" escape. We did stop at Kragens and bought the fuse, while there we discovered a bad ground connector so he bought some of those and it was all installed in the parking lot. Everything is "golden" and we chattered our way down Hwy 49-Hwy4 and North on Jack Tone Rd. :chatty:

It was good to see you and to again see the bowels from which all Skyway FJR Farkles spring forth (Skyway Machine, for those who don't understand). :eek: B)

Evidently a lot of work was done to get the electric power to the new machine. Here's to success tomorrow when the reps do their magic and get it set up. Now, how long to make all of those Delrin sliders? :blink:

3 of us took a ride to Sonora today and got to SEE Skyway's new "toy"...a computer controlled, automatic stock feed lathe with milling capabilities. WOW, is that thing PURDY!
DSC09604.jpg

DSC09606.jpg

DSC09607.jpg

and the danger he faces for your sliders!!!

DSC09609.jpg

There's no way to get the "scale" of this thing. The parts feeder (the long tray "thingie" on the left) is over 6' long.

At long last the new machine is setup and ready to pump out this ever increasing popular FJR product. Shipping WILL begin very soon.

Thanks to everyone for your continued patients. I'm almost over the last hurdle.

At long last the new machine is setup and ready to pump out this ever increasing popular FJR product. Shipping WILL begin very soon.
Thanks to everyone for your continued patients. I'm almost over the last hurdle.
Glad to hear everything is roaring and ready to go. I look forward to getting your sliders installed on my FJR.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear everything is roaring and ready to go. I look forward to getting your sliders installed on my FJR.

Thanks again!
+1 on that, I'm due to pick up my new '07 FJR13A this w/end and will be anxiously awaiting the sliders :yahoo:

The delrin sliders are now well into production, as are the aluminum. I will be wrapping up a mammoth order by this weekend. Shipping begins on Monday. I never knew there were so many freaking FJR's on the road. :dribble:

That machine shown above is running like a wild banshee.

Cool - if you ship on Monday that should get 'em to me on Friday...and I leave on my trip Saturday morning. Looks like I'll be doing a little wrenching in addition to packing on Friday. :yahoo:

The delrin sliders are now well into production, as are the aluminum. I will be wrapping up a mammoth order by this weekend. Shipping begins on Monday. I never knew there were so many freaking FJR's on the road. :dribble:
Thats because every on of us that has ever dropped our bike before buying sliders tell all the FNG's to make sure they go to Skyway and buy there sliders before they buy any other farkle. :) I wish someone had done that to me when I first posted. :huh:

That's good for me too! I'm taking the advanced MSC on the 28th and would really like to have these installed! :yahoo:

Herkypilot

Thats because every on of us that has ever dropped our bike before buying sliders tell all the FNG's to make sure they go to Skyway and buy there sliders before they buy any other farkle. :) I wish someone had done that to me when I first posted. :huh:

I took that advice when I got my new '06 a couple of months ago.

160642208-S.jpg

160642215-S.jpg

High quality parts, good instructions, easy install.

-Sirby B)

Hey folks, as of 07/14/2007, I have a website for taking all orders for the various farkles I make. I am no longer taking orders by email, or via threads on the forum. Nor am I accepting Paypal any longer. All communication to me regarding orders should be made via the website.

[SIZE=10pt]You can purchase my farkles with a variety of payment options here: www.skywaymoto.com[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]The website will make the ordering process much easier for everybody involved and will provide much better service to my customers by giving automatic email verification of orders, and tracking information. [/SIZE]

Also, you will be able to see on the website if a certain item is in stock or not. [SIZE=10pt]I am going to have admin close these threads, so there is no confusion on how to contact me, or order farkles.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

I appreciate all your support, and strive to provide the best possible service and farkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.