• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's FJR Sidestand Enlargement Footplate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
Pipes are still burst, any interest in something like this? :rolleyes:

This is only a visual concept of my idea and does not represent the final design.

The footplate and all mounting hardware will be machined out of stainless steel. Also replace the Philips head screws with a hex for an Allen wrench.

This should be enough for everyone to get the general idea.

Price point around $35

fjrsidestandenlargementfootplate.jpg

Just so you know the thickness of material underneath the actual sidestand will be minimal, so you won't have to worry about the possibility of adding problems with tipovers.

Please, no links to the FredH sidestand thread. :lol: :crazy:

The purpose of this farkle is mainly to avoid sinking into asphalt on a hot day. Its happened to me on both the sidestand and the centerstand. Luckily I was around to avoid the inevitable tipover.

Yep. put me down.
You'll never amount to anything. How's that?

As for the sidestand shoe, ya think it'll help in the roadside rubble? I like the attached plate idea, and have been contemplating a solution. This looks like it, as the other options seem like a pain and/or something I'd end up leaving behind.

As usual, :clapping: to Skyway. When you gonna do some "Skyway Improved" stickers for our bikes?

I got a buddy who'd be interested if you could chrome it and put a HD logo on the bottom so it leaves a little brand in the mud after you pull it back up.

B)

I'll take one. Just let me know when they are ready and when you want the money. This will work perfect for some of the campgrounds I go into. Right now I use a homemade foot that I throw down. What a pain. Skyway you have the answer again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a buddy who'd be interested if you could chrome it and put a HD logo on the bottom so it leaves a little brand in the mud after you pull it back up. B)

Thats too funny. I'm not sure I'll get around to this, but remember that the HD logo will need to be reversed in order for it to spell and look right in the mud. ;)

I will take one. I am thinking about raising the rear of my fjr, could you make it a little thicker to keep the sidestand geometry as close to stock as possible? I use something similar to this on my gs and it's a life saver on soft surfaces.

One of the guys I ride with who has an 1150RT has a setup almost identical to what you've shown Ian... and he says it works very nicely. I could go take a picture of his if you'd like.... It is nearly identical, but I think he made it himself... course he probably got the idea from someone else's...

As for the sidestand shoe, ya think it'll help in the roadside rubble? I like the attached plate idea, and have been contemplating a solution. This looks like it, as the other options seem like a pain and/or something I'd end up leaving behind.
Not sure about rubble, but more area on the ground couldn't hurt things?

You have also mentioned another good reason for adding this, as apposed to using a 3rd party flat object to sit under the sidestand. I have one of them kickstand feet thingies that I carry on my bike, but I rarely use it due to the PIA factor.

Can you cut it so it looks like a bare foot? Those are kewl!

It's a joke, folks! Skyway does good stuff, so he and his stuff can take a ribbing.