• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's FJR Sidestand Enlargement Footplate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tuned-in here also.
BTW, here's another idea

https://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/parking-puck/
You can save yourself a lot of bending over trying to pick it up by tying a string to it and have a loop on the end that you put over your left hand grip. This will also prevent you from leaving it behind when you ride off. Just roll the string up and stash the puck in a handy place like a tank bag and then it also makes it easier to put it under your side stand . Just let the string unwind , kind of like a yo-yo and put the puck under your side stand with your left foot.

Mac

Good news - the weather in OH is starting to warm up a bit :yahoo:

Bad News - with the warm weather comes soft pavement and the risk of that sinking feeling :glare:

Any update on the progress of a new footplate?

:yahoo: hey can I have one of these also and I want it with the skyway logo.I meen Really want one of these are they going to be made.?
I made a prototype last weekend and have not yet had a chance to try it out for usability/durability. Stay tuned.

Skyway,

Add me to the growing list for the new stand. Any ideas on order to shipping?

thanks

g

When is Skyway going to make the footplate? Saw lots of bikes at the MOA

with them on. Bobs BMW was selling a lot of them at the vendor area. None

of them fit my FJR though. :unsure:

When is Skyway going to make the footplate? Saw lots of bikes at the MOAwith them on. Bobs BMW was selling a lot of them at the vendor area. None

of them fit my FJR though. :unsure:
Right after I get back from WFO, they are scheduled for one of my machines. ;)

Skyway -- what does the final design look like? what does it stamp? pics/cad????

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of getting one of those shipped over to Europe?

I was going to see if one of the Touratech BMW models would fit but they say not :angry2:

Any chance of getting one of those shipped over to Europe?
I was going to see if one of the Touratech BMW models would fit but they say not :angry2:
All products on my web site ship worldwide, so you'll be in good shape. I'm also investigating a distribution outlet on the UK.

This was my second modification after sinking in a parking lot's asphalt.

It's a plate that I cut and ground to shape and then TIG welded it to the foot after building up the foot edge with weld and grinding it flat.

6aqbeoh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: