• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's FJR Sidestand Enlargement Footplate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting on the sidestand footplate :unsure:
..., what yellowmagnaman said.
Never saw this thread originally, but a great idea. I wonder if instead of the three screws holding the plate to the sidestand "foot" it could be designed so that one could drill & tap the bottom of the sidestand and then red Loctite it to the sidestand. No screws visible and would take an Act of God (or Warchild in his stead B) ) to get it off.

Rancho

I'm still waiting on the sidestand footplate :unsure:
I check skyway's web site every so often to see if they've popped up yet. I'm still interested too.
Woof!

Somebody should call him, then report back to us on the news.
I emailed him through his website about another matter a week ago....nothing. My sense is Ian contacts people when he can/when he wants. I suspect if this project actually gets off the ground he'll announce it, otherwise (my guess) there will be silence.

One would hope the Aux fuel cell kits (which are already paid for) are in line to get completed before these get started.

One would hope the Aux fuel cell kits (which are already paid for) are in line to get completed before these get started.
Actually, I'm sure that's what is really going on here -- getting caught up with the group buy thing while handling the business launch. At least we know the design is done. At this point, no real need for it before spring anyway. We'll see it show up eventually.

Don't hold yer breath. I got a nice free sidestand plate from the good folks in the Yammy trailer at WFO last year.

I wouldn't hold my breath on him building these either... Just look at the Aux fuel tank mess!! Besides I sure as hell wouldn't put money out until he actually has the item to ship. Just my 2 cents.

Is there anyone else out there that knows of a machine shop that could do this work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't hold my breath on him building these either... Just look at the Aux fuel tank mess!! Besides I sure as hell wouldn't put money out until he actually has the item to ship. Just my 2 cents.
Is there anyone else out there that knows of a machine shop that could do this work?

Ordered and paid for a water jug system and replacement sliders on December 17, 2007 and nothing as of this date. On the response email from the order I hit the link and it shows nothing as of now (something akin to "the data no longer exists.....or you do not have access to the data"). There may be other issues besides production "stuff".

I hope all the folks waiting for their orders especially the aux fuel cell get their stuff. Great products and ideas but buyer beware. I think I lost $192 but nothing like the folks with the fuel cell and I know many think they lost their money also. Sorry but this is no way to run a business and I know Ian is a heck of a guy, but something is not right.

WRichStrom

Separating the footplate issue from the business issue, some of you guys are killing me with how big a deal the foot has become. (I'm not going to weigh in on the business side, hydration kits, fuel cells, etc. If you lost money I do feel for you.)

Take your sidestand to any welder and tell him how big a diameter plate that you want tacked to the bottom. Any shop will have the material to use. Dip in Rostoleum gloss black and go ride.