• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Personal Hydration System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The GB is almost ready to be launched, just need to assemble all the details in a way to make this a smooth transaction for all.
It would be much smoother for me if it happened after the holidays. Not much room in the ol' budget for selfish purchases right now.

The GB is almost ready to be launched, just need to assemble all the details in a way to make this a smooth transaction for all.
It would be much smoother for me if it happened after the holidays. Not much room in the ol' budget for selfish purchases right now.
Oh darn... I was hoping to tag this onto my Santa's list.

Bob, no point in trying to justify farkles in the budget, once you add just one it's a slippery slope. :D

I'll do my best to accommodate you.

Ian, if it fit an 06 I will take one maybe two.
A little bird told me they do fit an 06 perfectly. Coming soon at a theater near you....PM. <>< ;)
Doug, this is a photo of painman's bike (Del) that I was able to take on Wednesday. I had a delivery to make and Del took time out of his day to come to my aid.(Thanks Del B) ) This is the first '06 I was able to do a fit check on. Even though its mounted on the right side, the base has a hole pattern for both sides of the bike.

IMG_1878.jpg

Ian, if it fit an 06 I will take one maybe two.
A little bird told me they do fit an 06 perfectly. Coming soon at a theater near you....PM. <>< ;)

I'm getting thirsty ....

:D
Hal, the GB should be launched in the next few days.

I want one, I want one, I want one.

Let me know when to send the dough.

mac :yahoo:

The only question I have and it may have already been covered. How does the muffler heat affect the jug and mounting bracket? How easy to remove? Mike in Fremont

Last edited by a moderator:
The only question I have and it may have already been covered. How does the muffler heat affect the jug and mounting bracket? How easy to remove? Mike in Fremont
Mike, the next time your bikes warmed up, place your hand on top of either passenger footpeg. You will notice very little heat transfer between the 2 distances. The small amount of heat that you will feel here, has almost no impact on the temperature of the contents inside the rubbermaid jug. Add to that, my supplied outer sewn bag has a layer of insulation sewn between 2 linings covering all faces of the jug, to further aid an already insulated rubbermaid jug.

Any heat that can be felt, will be a non factor as soon as your underway.

The jug is removed by unscrewing 2 stainless steel fasteners through the passenger footpeg.

If your interested, you are more than welcome to test run my prototype on your bike? ;)

IMO, if the jug was receiving a constant heat source, the ice in this picture would not have survived for more than 16 hours during our recent SS1K test run.

IMG_1819.jpg

Ian, I've discovered your endurance secret! Those look like Gerber pear slices we used to feed my daughter when she was 12 months old :D

Sorry, couldn't resist, it was my first reaction when I saw your photo.

Ian, I've discovered your endurance secret! Those look like Gerber pear slices we used to feed my daughter when she was 12 months old :D
Sorry, couldn't resist, it was my first reaction when I saw your photo.
When I first saw this picture, I thought of someone with a bad bladder problem.

IMO, if the jug was receiving a constant heat source, the ice in this picture would not have survived for more than 16 hours during our recent SS1K test run.

Since both the jugs and the coolers are insulated, then they could also keep liquids warm (pbly not very hot) on cool weather runs! Some of us idiots ride when it's chilly out....<BG>

Mary

Since both the jugs and the coolers are insulated, then they could also keep liquids warm (pbly not very hot) on cool weather runs! Some of us idiots ride when it's chilly out....<BG>Mary
This is exactly why turbodave wants this setup, as he drinks copious amounts of coffee while on the road. :D

I forgot about the ice pictures. I am in for one. No need for a test run. Thanks for all your hard work and mental fatigue.

This is exactly why turbodave wants this setup, as he drinks copious amounts of coffee while on the road. :D

Heck, he lives on coffee !! When we ran the LA1K, all he consumed between breakfasts was coffee and cigars !! :cigar: :cigar: :cigar:

Since both the jugs and the coolers are insulated, then they could also keep liquids warm (pbly not very hot) on cool weather runs! Some of us idiots ride when it's chilly out....<BG>

Mary
Ahhh..... fill one with coffee for the morning, cold gatoraide for the afternoon! Way cool!

Any chance the mounting brackets will fit anything else? Maybe different bolts... whatevas?

Like a Triumph or a Harley?

mary

Status
Not open for further replies.