• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Laser

Reaction score
HOLY SMOKE!!

Thees r sum o' de most bee-YOO-TEE-ful

slydur thang-a-muh-jigs ah dun evr did sie.

Skyway, these polished slider's are AWESOME!!

You do EXCELLENT work!!

You d'MAN!!!!!

Thanks so much...more bling for the bike!!

(Oh, yeah, what's torque value on these again?)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Jim

HOLY SMOKE!!
Thees r sum o' de most bee-YOO-TEE-ful

slydur thang-a-muh-jigs ah dun evr did sie.

Skyway, these polished slider's are AWESOME!!

You do EXCELLENT work!!

You d'MAN!!!!!

Thanks so much...more bling for the bike!!

(Oh, yeah, what's torque value on these again?)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Jim
I just received the Delrin type and they look very nice. Simple and maybe obvious question. There are two different size spacers. The longer one goes on the gear shift side. Also, the directions say remove both the engine mounting bolts. Just to be sure, I'm removing one at a time. The last thing I want to happen is, removing the bolts and the engine falls out..

Also, the directions say remove both the engine mounting bolts. Just to be sure, I'm removing one at a time. The last thing I want to happen is, removing the bolts and the engine falls out..
The engine will not fall out if you remove both bolts at the same time.

Um....pics?
Sheesh, Odot, I haven't had a chance to put 'em on yet!

Pics later today, if I can figure out my new digital cam.

Jim
Me and skyway can get pretty uppity when we don't get what we want. Where are them damn pics? Been waiting all day in this restaurant and their stock of jim beam won't hold up with me waiting around here.... :dribble:

I put mine on last night and I agree, quality product. One question though. Directions stated to torque to 29 lbs. A couple of threads I've read said manual states 35 lbs. Oh yeah, mine is an 07. Torqueing the right side had me concerned. I was sure I was going to strip the threads.

Also, the directions say remove both the engine mounting bolts. Just to be sure, I'm removing one at a time. The last thing I want to happen is, removing the bolts and the engine falls out..
The engine will not fall out if you remove both bolts at the same time.

Just got my Delrin's in the mail; lovely craftsmanship. Now if the snow would just stop, I'd go pick up the bike at the dealer. Let the farkling begin....

I put mine on last night and I agree, quality product. One question though. Directions stated to torque to 29 lbs. A couple of threads I've read said manual states 35 lbs. Oh yeah, mine is an 07. Torqueing the right side had me concerned. I was sure I was going to strip the threads.
Glenn,

Since my bike is an '05, I had to find the instructions that went with the '03-05 (aka 1st Gen).

I found them on the fjr1300.info site (good stuff there for older bikes).

My torque values were 29 ft. lbs/40Nm. '07 torque values might have changed.

You might want to just send an email to Ian and ask, or just start a new thread for

Skyway's '07 Sliders torque values...someone will be along shortly with the answer.

HTH...

Jim

Last edited by a moderator: