SmarTire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
I've downloaded the manual for the SmarTire unit, and they list the demensions as 2 1/2 x 1 5/8 x 1. Kinda hard to tell by the pic if it's 2 1/2 wide, or 1 5/8 wide since it's a skewed pic but I "ass-u-me" that it's 2 1/2 deep.

Anyone have a definitive answer?

Can't get a measurement on it till I get home, but here's a picture of mine on top of the right handlebar brake reservoir...

DSC03684.jpg

I've downloaded the manual for the SmarTire unit, and they list the demensions as 2 1/2 x 1 5/8 x 1. Kinda hard to tell by the pic if it's 2 1/2 wide, or 1 5/8 wide since it's a skewed pic but I "ass-u-me" that it's 2 1/2 deep.
Anyone have a definitive answer?
Just went out to parking lot and measured mine. I got 1 5/8 wide and 2 3/8 deep and 7/8 high in the front (kind of tapers back).

From their site:

SmarTire for Motorcycles

SmarTire products are no longer available in the motorcycle market and the company has ceased support for this product category.

Parts may be available at your local dealer, however, we retain no inventory to support service parts.

From their site:
SmarTire for Motorcycles

SmarTire products are no longer available in the motorcycle market and the company has ceased support for this product category.

Parts may be available at your local dealer, however, we retain no inventory to support service parts.
Which completely sucks in my opinion since I'm really happy with how it functions. Not to mention the price.

Another option for installation. No cutting is one of the major benefits.

IMG_1139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did this, but it's a pain to install it there, since the space in the back is restraint. There is the windshield bracket in the way.

PCIIISmartire011.jpg

Make sure you use a torquewrench to tight the strap in the tire, my friend has a really bad experience with that.....