Smitty's Audiovox Cruise Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smitty,

In a different thread there was some discussion about your install procedure where, I believe, you mentioned that you installed a couple of check valves and some other components during the install. Are these components in addition to the kit such as the vacuum canister and the check valves and if so where do you get them?

I have done a search and there is quite a bit of traffic concerning the cruise and install and since I live in Salt Lake City it would hard for me to get to your locale for the install.

Thanks in advance

Smitty, In a different thread there was some discussion about your install procedure where, I believe, you mentioned that you installed a couple of check valves and some other components during the install. Are these components in addition to the kit such as the vacuum canister and the check valves and if so where do you get them?

I have done a search and there is quite a bit of traffic concerning the cruise and install and since I live in Salt Lake City it would hard for me to get to your locale for the install.

Thanks in advance

LP, the vacuum can and check valve do not come with the Audiovox cruise kit. The vacuum can is made from 1 1/2" pvc pipe with caps on each end. Then I drill and tap a 1/8 npt in the side. This is where I put a brass nipple to hook to vacuum. I have used vacuum check valves you can buy at most auto parts stores. I have also just used a T instead of the valve and it worked fine. If I can help in anyway pm me you phone #, I will give you ca call... Smitty

Smitty,

Speaking for the folks on the west coast, isn't it about time for a nice vacation to Sunny Socal? I'm sure we can dig up some good entertainment out here for you!

:)

Smitty, In a different thread there was some discussion about your install procedure where, I believe, you mentioned that you installed a couple of check valves and some other components during the install. Are these components in addition to the kit such as the vacuum canister and the check valves and if so where do you get them?

Thanks in advance

LP, the vacuum can and check valve do not come with the Audiovox cruise kit. The vacuum can is made from 1 1/2" pvc pipe with caps on each end. Then I drill and tap a 1/8 npt in the side. This is where I put a brass nipple to hook to vacuum. I have used vacuum check valves you can buy at most auto parts stores. I have also just used a T instead of the valve and it worked fine. If I can help in anyway pm me you phone #, I will give you ca call... Smitty

Thanks Smitty,

I'll call if I can't find the right parts. Is the canister used as a vacuum bank persue' since this is being used on a relatively small displacement engine?

Thanks again!

I can't thank Smitty enough for the work he did on my bike yesterday. I have to agree with another post out there that he is a master of his trade.
Another satisfied customer here...

Since I washed myself out of the 07 IBR last Saturday I had some time on my hands so, after playing tourist for a few days, arranged with Smitty to ride to his place Wednesday night for a CC install. I'd already done an install that failed and since I had the time it seemed like the perfect opportunity.

I got to Bonne Terre just before 5:00pm and Smitty was waiting in the garage. Once the bike was in the garage he went right to work. This was not a typical install in that the space normally used for the actuator was filled with auxiliary electrics and I had mounted it to the frame ahead of and offset from the tire and shock. Not only that but the bolts holes were stripped. A few hours and one thunderstorm later I was headed out with an operational cruise control.

Can't thank you enough for your work and also for your help at the IBR checkpoint last Friday night.

dougc

Is there a reason why a get an "Authentication Required" pop up when the first page of this post loads? It asks for username and password and when I enter it, it just keeps repeating. No pics are loading on the first post either, unless there just aren't any.

Thanks.

Is there a reason why a get an "Authentication Required" pop up when the first page of this post loads? It asks for username and password and when I enter it, it just keeps repeating. No pics are loading on the first post either, unless there just aren't any.

Thanks.
Might be because the original post is 4 years old and he no longer has that photo host. Also, good luck finding an Audiovox Cruise to install anyway, but if you do find one or have one already then search around, there are other threads the have mucho detail and photos.

If you can't find any then start a new thread and some of us who have installed can possibly help.

Latest posts