Smoothness map

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jocko87

Reaction score
I downloaded the Kilburg smoothness map map from the FJRTech site and tried to load on the PCIII but am having no luck. I get an invalid file error, all maps that I have tried from the Power Commander website work fine. Any ideas or does anybody have another copy of the file I could try?

If no one else pipes up, I've got a copy on my computer at home and will send it tonight.

FYI, I've tried both the standard map (w/02 sensor disconnected) that comes with the PCIII and the smoothness map. Didin't like the stock at first and went to the smooth map. Noticed my fuel comsumption went up noticeably so after a few months I went back to the stock map. Found the bike actually much smoother and fuel consumption went down - go figure!

Disclaimer, I only know enough to be dangerous :D . Could you have loaded the gen II file instead of the Gen I. I see that you have a 2005. But of course, those digital demons are always lurking about and th file could be simply corrupted. .02.

I would also caution against the smoothness map as it will flatten out the bike's power at upper RPM's. At least it had that effect on my bike. It was very noticeable and annoying.

The stock map has no such problems.

I downloaded the Kilburg smoothness map map from the FJRTech site and tried to load on the PCIII but am having no luck. I get an invalid file error, all maps that I have tried from the Power Commander website work fine. Any ideas or does anybody have another copy of the file I could try?
i keep it available for d/l on FJR-Tips.

at the bottom of https://www.fjr-tips.org/maint/dyno/dyno.html along with the map created during that documented dyno tune.

I would also caution against the smoothness map as it will flatten out the bike's power at upper RPM's. At least it had that effect on my bike. It was very noticeable and annoying.
The stock map has no such problems.
I presume you're referring to the stock map that came with your PCIII? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I used the stock map on my 06. I'm very happy with the way it runs. Gas mileage went down probably 10%, but I'm okay with the trade-off.