snow tonight in going to the sun highay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyler and I are in Elkford tonight and we rode "going to the sun" highway today. It was lovely, but fairly busy. It opened yesterday around noon. We also rode to Many Glaciers as well. Today was a good day! Castlegar tomorrow, the long way!! :yahoo:
Stunning day at Glacier for me! See everyone tomorrow! B)

UPDATE:

Just watched the weather report from KECI, Missoula, MT, and they advised the following weather for the Glacier NP area today:

Logan Pass - 1 - 3 inches of snow

Glacier National Park 4 - 7 inches above 7000 feet.

All over North West Montana highs in the 60's lows in the 30's.

Glacier National Park has received 35 inches of snow fall since Memorial Day!

The good news is that day time highs should be in the 80's by Thursday!!!

BTW in Salmon, ID right now it's about 43º (7:00 AM)

I left Idaho Falls this morning with 46 degrees and sun. Went through Salmon about noon with it being about 60 degrees. Ate lunch by the river just out of town-- really nice weather-- no cross/head winds for the first time in 4 days. Missoula will be a bit chilly in the morning, but I am not complaining-- could be home in the 90s with high humidity.
Did you see a blue 2006 FJR at around 2:00 PM headed southbound toward Salmon? I was wearing a 'stich RC gray one piece suit. Anyway, I saw a 2007 headed north (and waved)! Hope you are having fun, weather should be really improving, as of today, for the rest of your ride!!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

Just watched the weather report from KECI, Missoula, MT, and they advised the following weather for the Glacier NP area today:

I left Idaho Falls this morning with 46 degrees and sun. Went through Salmon about noon with it being about 60 degrees. Ate lunch by the river just out of town-- really nice weather-- no cross/head winds for the first time in 4 days. Missoula will be a bit chilly in the morning, but I am not complaining-- could be home in the 90s with high humidity.
Did you see a blue 2006 FJR at around 2:00 PM headed southbound toward Salmon? I was wearing a RC gray one piece suit. Anyway, I saw a 2007 headed north! Hope you are having fun, weather should be really improving, as of today, for the rest of your ride!!
Was the 2007 in a trailer being pulled by an SUV?

I'm pretty sure that's how Skip rolls. :D

UPDATE:

Did you see a blue 2006 FJR at around 2:00 PM headed southbound toward Salmon? I was wearing a RC gray one piece suit. Anyway, I saw a 2007 headed north! Hope you are having fun, weather should be really improving, as of today, for the rest of your ride!!
Was the 2007 in a trailer being pulled by an SUV?

I'm pretty sure that's how Skip rolls. :D
No, but I don't think he was wearing a helmet!! :eek: :eek: