So, What's going on???

Help Support FJRForum:

RossKean

Members++
Reaction score
New forum software, new Admins?

Work in progress???

Might have been nice to have some sort of announcement (or warning).

I can live with it, I suppose, but how do you get a list of unread posts?
It gives an option of installing the "mobile app" Anyone done this? Seems to be better on desktop than mobile - at least without installing a new app.
I won't do that until I have some idea what is happening.

RossKean

Members++
Reaction score
Did a little playing with it. You can click on "New Posts" (lightning bolt) and the default filter comes up as "unread". You can change the filter.
The forum, unfortunately, doesn't seem to know what I have read so I clicked "Mark forums read" and it seems to work now. I will have to see what happens after some new threads are posted.
With the recent level of activity, it could be some time...

I have experienced this forum software on another forum I frequent and it works pretty well. Migration seems to have gone fairly well.

(I did a picture upload trial in the "Test" sub-forum. Seems that pictures can be uploaded directly - at least until this is suppressed due to server/bandwidth limitations...)

Cycle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After you read your threads it will remember. But since this is new software it does not have the cookies/history for your thread activity and has to build it from scratch.

RossKean

Members++
Reaction score
After you read your threads it will remember. But since this is new software it does not have the cookies/history for your thread activity and has to build it from scratch.
Yeah, that's what I figured. The lightning bolt "new posts" works as expected now - after I "marked all read" and started fresh.