• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD 2009 FJR for Sale $1995

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fontanaman

Robin Trower
Reaction score
The bike has 107,838 miles. The odometer shows 95749 but this does not include 12,080 miles on the original instrument cluster replaced because the gear indicators were not working. No problems since then.

PvkK2t1.jpg

YfhF98a.jpg

Starting from dead cold. A Youtube video.

A YouTube walk around video.

Here is what the bike has on it.
Throttle Rocker
Cruise Motorcycle Throttle Assist
Kisan Electronics trailBlazer flashing brake lamps.
A PIAA slim line horn.
Pyramid Plastics Front and Rear Fenda Extenda
Tapered Roller bearings in the steering stem
Factory heated grips.
Stock rear shock with 30,000 miles.
GP Suspension, Fork Re-Valve Kit with stiffer spring.
Sargent World front saddle. The back seat is stock.
Michelin PR4 with 3500 miles.
Battery tender outlet.
Front brake pads replaced June 2018 with 92k miles.

Cee Bailey's windscreen. This screen is 4 inches taller and wider than stock with light tint gray and reverse flip. Cee Bailey's no longer sells motorcycle products so this screen is highly sought after for those wanting full wind protection. The screen has a 1 inch crack. I drilled it and it hasn't cracked farther.

The majority of the paint is wrapped in vinyl film. I used Tankslapper Total Protection Kit and Invisible Mask Paint Protection bulk film to cover the places not covered by Tankslapper Kit, so the paint is in great shape.

Please note the bike had one tip over at zero mph resulting in a couple of scratches on the left engine case. You have to be on your knees to see these. The tip over didn’t cause any other nicks or dings. One header has a crease and another a dent. The header dings have not affected performance.

November 2019 at 108,838 miles the following work was done. I haven't road the bike since then.
Engine Coolant Change
Engine Oil Changed
Fork Oil Changed
Spark Plugs Replaced
Throttle Bodies Synced
Valves checked all were well within spec.
Front brakes bled.

I have a maintenance log since the bike was new on 1/30/2010. I am the original owner. The bike was always garaged. I am selling it because I bought a 2017 FJR ES. This has been an excellent bike. All recalls performed and the timing chain tensioner was replaced at 86900 miles.

0dzKirx.jpg

px9pMJz.jpg

cWzDnc8.jpg

xVuMd4w.jpg

j0EBOLA.jpg

aqhbKlJ.jpg

A49m134.jpg

aULStUV.jpg

kRgV8Sg.jpg

For additional cost I offer.

SOLD Penske Shock.
Penske rear shock for $500. Has a 850 lb spring. Shock was rebuilt in April 2020 and has zero miles on the rebuild. Includes technical manual, fasteners and adjustment tool.

lMrBfDX.jpg

SOLD Heli Clamp.

Heli Bar Riser for $150 with all the fasteners and installation instructions.

Top view. Includes RAM mount ball.

Dbpjtpg.jpg

Bottom View

LyQ8RPG.jpg

Spider harness recall done?  Or Brodie harness?  Any issues with the voltage dropping from the R/R connector?

Spider harness recall done?  Or Brodie harness?  Any issues with the voltage dropping from the R/R connector?Yes
Spider recall peformed by a Yamaha dealer and I have a receipt.  Voltage regulator replaced about the same time, aka 12080, miles, by the dealer as well.  What is the R/R connector?  If you mean the Regulator Rectifier connector I have never checked the voltage.

Pains me to see how far the prices of these have fallen. Feels like someone could part this out and have a nice profit.

Pains me to see how far the prices of these have fallen. Feels like someone could part this out and have a nice profit.

Nobody wants a bike with 100k miles.  That's why I haven't gotten rid of my 04 w/200k+, or my 09 with 129k.  Hell, even I don't like buying a used FJR with over 20k  miles based on some of the one's I have purchased previously that are a mess with funky farkle wiring, missing and incorrect fasteners, scratches and grime.  Even though I know FJRs will run forever, I figure the lower the miles, the less chance someone has had to mess it up!

However, this one looks like a peach!  I am sooooo tempted.  But I need another FJR like a I need a hole in my head.

I use What's App so if anyone want to do a video walk around shoot me a PM with you phone number.  Please note I updated the mileage to 107,830 - missed it by 1k for some reason.  From the service log showing electric issues addressed by a Yamaha dealer.

Voltage regulator, Rectifier and heated grip replaced

11/12/2010

I-90 Motorsports

Oil Change

5/10/2011

Self

Replace Instrument Cluster. Bike had 12,080 miles. New cluster had 39 miles

5/15/2011

I-90 Motorsports

Front Tire Replaced Metzler PR2

7/20/2011

I-90 Motorsports

Ground Strap Repair

8/9/2011

I-90 Motorsports

I priced this for a quick sale and a fair deal.  I want my garage space back.

Update here is a link to the Service Log.

Somebody buy this jewel before I do something stupid!  I am getting sick of looking at this beauty!

Bike looks really good.  I sold my '07 a year and a half ago for about the same dollars but it had right around 187,000 miles.  Yours should go easily for what you are asking.  People get scared of the miles but in reality, that would last most people at least a half dozen years with only modest maintenance.  Tough to sell a bike right now with people limiting travel. 

Nobody wants a bike with 100k miles.  That's why I haven't gotten rid of my 04 w/200k+, or my 09 with 129k.  Hell, even I don't like buying a used FJR with over 20k  miles based on some of the one's I have purchased previously that are a mess with funky farkle wiring, missing and incorrect fasteners, scratches and grime.  Even though I know FJRs will run forever, I figure the lower the miles, the less chance someone has had to mess it up!

However, this one looks like a peach!  I am sooooo tempted.  But I need another FJR like a I need a hole in my head.
I had little interest (one call) on my '06 with 129K miles when I was trying to sell it.  I ended up parting it out and made more money than what I was asking at the end.  Then donated what was left.