• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: 2012 KTM 690 Enduro R...2,200 miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
This motorcycle has been sold.

After four years with this magnificent beast, it's time to let her go. Bought it new at I90 Motorsports in Issaquah, WA. Crazy fun and capable. That's not a typo in the title as she's only covered about 2,200 miles. Most of which was back and forth to forest service roads in WA. I'm now in California and ride either my Yamaha Super Tenere or the Vespa more. Thus the KTM sits, ready to tackle pretty much anything.

Bike IS currently registered and plated properly for California. Fully legal here.

Reasons for selling are various...

1 - adding a bunch of money to the coffers for a new Jeep for my wife this fall
2 - not riding it as much as I'd hoped since moving to SoCal 6 months ago
3 - have the Super Tenere fully built for offroad and long distance that I enjoy
4 - oddly, I'm eyeballing a rather expensive guitar, and a few grand would help that nicely

Miles: 2187
Price: $8700 OBO
Title: Clean, in hand
Trades: Not interested
Terms: Payment in full, cash or certified bank check - no personal checks
Test Rides: $8700 of your cash in my hand, you must be endorsed in CA, I'll pick the location

List of farkles:

• Renazco seat - I've done 100+ mile runs on this seat - stocker was a torture device, but the seat pan worked well for the base on the current seat
  • Acerbis gas cap (vented)
  • Rear pannier racks (Happy Trail, IIRC)
  • Touratech skidplate and engine guards
  • Chain/brake disc guard (sharkfin on the rear)
  • Mirrors - ram-mount-style
  • KTM windscreen
  • Touratech rear rack
  • Touratech cross bar for handlebars
  • Barkbuster hand guards - they flat out rock!
  • There is a pigtail for a Ctek smart battery charger on there right now
  • Bike has stock engine mapping - which is to say it has the stock 3 position switch and programming
  • Stock exhaust
  • Stock gearing f/r
  • Suspension is stock, which is the fully adjustable WP Suspension from the factory - never needed to upgrade it
Video of the bike (newer, here in CA). Included some footage from offroad training...the toughest offroad work she has ever seen with me...sigh. I have tackled some single track, and this bike has needed to be picked up a couple times, so there are some scuffs. That said, I've never broken anything, so clearly I wasn't trying hard enough!

Some of the august members here have some experience with this actual motorcycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason vids don't show up the last week. Go to your vid click on share than click on embed copy the link then paste it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course, I see it clear as day...but given the vagaries of the interwebs, here's the link just in case others cannot see it.