sold bike.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flint

Reaction score
Evilmedic just left my place in Wyoming headed for Chicago on his new my old FJR.

I imagine that I will end my posts on here from now on.

C ya on the other side,

Flint

Did you call the police to tell them a guy's riding an eastbound FJR with a suspicious license plate? :lol:

(Seriously, I'm sure he'll keep a good lookout for the lawman and return just fine.)

Last edited by a moderator:
He has a bill of sale that is notarized and the title that is also signed by wifey and I and notarized and he has no license plate. Figured it was less of a legal prob with legal registration than illegal registration?

Flint

Thanks again Flint :yahoo: . It was definitely worth the trip, and then some!! I got home today at about 1800, much to my wifes suprise. She was sure I wouldn't be home until tomorrow mainly because I haven't ridden since July 11 and I have never ridden that far before :rolleyes: . If the will is there, anything is possible. I made it w/o any law enforcement encounters too! The only LEO's I saw were in Wisconsin and I made sure to use other vehicles as cover. The ride was fun except for the 20mph winds w/ gusts out of nowhere at double that velocity. I had to pull the seat outta my ass a few times ue to natures "suprises" while riding at night :glare: . I guess clean underwear should be an oxymoron anyway.Well here's a pic of my new (to me) FJR and boy is she nice to look at! Just the way it should be :yahoo:

IMG_1443.jpg

Now I'm gonna go shower and get some sleep w/ the wife. :p

Yeah, well, that's all nice and shit, but the important question is: Have you figger's out which way is up yet? (on the bike, that is... :p )

Glad your back safe and sound Evil. Also glad your back in the saddle period now this time keep the rubber side down will ya? Oh ya, nice looking bike!! PM. <>< :rolleyes:

Evil,

Great to know you are now made whole again after that long ordeal! I am excited for you and glad you had a record trip on the FJR. Congratulations...that is a gorgeous machine.

Flint,

All the best to you and sure Evil will carry the torch for you well.

Just for clarification, the bike stayed on the street, it was I who went airborne in the last accident. That's why I "landed" in the trauma ward overnight! :p

As a post partum for my beloved Feej, I spoke w/ the girl I collided w/ and she said they had to replace the front axle on her Grand Am, due ot being so busted. Now I wonder how much force was transferred to the car to do that much damage? :eek:

So, it's not bad enough we poor bastards with only one or two bikes have to look at pictures you moto-whores post showing us your stables of Ducatis and Aprilias and Beemers and such, NOW we gotta look at some damn photo from some damn evilmedic whose "other" bike is a B-2 bomber?

Fuckin' braggarts!

Prolly leaks oil all over the driveway.

:)

Evilmedic,

You're not the only one bringing a bike home this time of year. I just sold my 97 CBR1100XX to a guy from St Louis and I live near Seattle. He's flying in on wednesday to ride the bike home - over 2000 miles. Isn't there some kind of Iron Butt award he can earn on this trip? Do you earn extra points for traversing snow covered passes?

Btw, I'm loving my 07 FJR. It was low 40's this morning and not raining for a change on my commute to work. Those heated grips sure work nicely :D

Evilmedic,
You're not the only one bringing a bike home this time of year. I just sold my 97 CBR1100XX to a guy from St Louis and I live near Seattle. He's flying in on wednesday to ride the bike home - over 2000 miles. Isn't there some kind of Iron Butt award he can earn on this trip? Do you earn extra points for traversing snow covered passes?

Btw, I'm loving my 07 FJR. It was low 40's this morning and not raining for a change on my commute to work. Those heated grips sure work nicely :D
Trust me, wanted to do this trip back in august. I would have had plenty of time to take in the sights and about a thousand pics, but noooooooooo, the jerkoffs I bought it from just had to scew up the title app and send me and Greg on a frickin' wild goose chase.

If I did it inAugust I would've had week to get home :angry: . But I just might make this trip again next year, there was soooo much I wanted to check out. Unfortunately time wasn't w/ me and not having a license plate made me skip some of the really pretty spots,but that guaranteed a little more police presence than I was comfy w/.

I just wanted to avoid getting a rookie officer and a "felony" stop when all the #'s came and they didn't match up like they should. Plus, I get REALLY irritated when somebody points a gun at me and their finger is on the trigger :fuk: . I know they have a risky job, trust me there, I just wanted to minimize the risk to everyones nerves, especially mine. Not to mention traffic stops are the events where most police get killed in line of duty, so I'm sure their spidy sense woulda been tingling big time.But, I had my pulled over SOP at the ready. ;)

Congrats on the bike.

Another Chicago rider ready to roll. :yahoo:

Gee, that's a pretty color.

Congrats on the bike and the ride. I could stand a trip to WY.

whose "other" bike is a B-2 ? :)
B1 maybe??
Yeah...got my "Bs" messed up. The B-2 is the ugly flying wing, stealth thingie. The B-1 is the ugly, F-111 Aardvark lookin' thingie. Good catch.

Still bet it leaks oil all over his driveway. :)