• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***SOLD***F/S-- NEW FirstGear TPG Ranier Jacket and TPG Escape Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice deal...wish The jacket was a large.
If you aren't aware, these jackets don't have liners and get pretty snug if you try to add warm layers like fleeces. I normally wear a large jacket, but found there wasn't much room for a fleece etc. While some claim they run a little big, they can get pretty tight in the shoulders and arm pit pretty quick.

Nice deal...wish The jacket was a large.
If you aren't aware, these jackets don't have liners and get pretty snug if you try to add warm layers like fleeces. I normally wear a large jacket, but found there wasn't much room for a fleece etc. While some claim they run a little big, they can get pretty tight in the shoulders and arm pit pretty quick.
According to the size chart, I would take a large. If not for my back issue, I would go down to The Iron Pony and try one on. But I probably won't be able to do that, for a few months.

I think if you stick to their chart by looking at the chest size in inches and not be concerned with the Alpha sizing (L or XL) and buy the inch size that fits you, you'll be OK. It will still be very snug with multiple layers.

Like I said, I normally wear a Large. I was in between Alpha sizes in inches (M and L) and at the advice of info on a web site selling FG, I opted to go down to a Medium. I could get into it with at t-shirt on, but no way would some heavier stuff have been comfortable in the shoulders and pits. Since it gets cold around here and I need the extras, I figured I needed a Large to at least get a sweatshirt, and opted to go with the XL so a fleece could be added comfortably. I've had this issue with other FG jackets with liners. Plus, I figured a XL would be easier to sell than the L. Need gas and tires.

In a nutshell, be more concerned with the width of your shoulders than the size of your chest with this jacket.

Clear as mud right?

Last edited by a moderator: