• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*** SOLD*** Penski 8987 Remote Res.Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

Darksider #16 - and Proud of it !
Reaction score
Sold

Thank you for looking...

Pictured below is the Penski 8987 shock salvaged from my first '06 which was involved in a head on, 2 years ago. A change in priorities has me listing it on this FJRForum instead of installing it on my current '06.

IMG_0873.jpg

I am asking $500 plus shipping

This is the deluxe model with the high speed and low speed compression adjustments - as well as rebound setting. It has a few miles on it, however it has been serviced twice in it's life. I estimate approx. 7k since it's last service. This shock is fully rebuildable, fully configurable to your specific riding style and bike.

When I had it built for me, I weighed 245 lbs. and had it set up - along with the Traxxon Dynamics AK20 front suspension - for sport riding in my local riding area of Northern California. I ride solo, with the lightly loaded bags and Givi trunk on full time. When I first got my bike I was on a trip heading south on Interstate 5 near Bakersfield at around 3AM one december morning. I just couldn't resist wicking it up to see what it was capable of. At around 120 indicated it felt like it had plenty more to give, however, the suspension felt like any roughness in the road (dark at the time) would upset it big time. The next summer I had a local suspension Guru upgrade the bike with the best stuff. What a difference when the bike is built for you instead of a generic setting with stock equipment. I had a chance the following December to repeat the ride and subsequent wicking up. That bike felt planted, way past 135 with no uneasiness whatsoever.

If you buy this shock I strongly suggest you go the whole route and make the equivalent upgrade to your front end also. The difference will be night and day from the best you can get from what came stock.

Drop me a PM if you are interested.

smile.gif

Brodie

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this work as supplied on a 2003? I assume there is enough adjustment for me (300lbs)

Nice talking with you today, I will have everything taken care of, thanks again for everything!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts