• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shoei Neotec, Seriously close to new, Large, $430 delivered

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blassoff

Its just the dog in me, baby
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So, here's my story. This past summer I found a killer deal on a Matte Black Shoei Neotec. Size Large. I can't resist a good deal so I jumped on it. The original box is included, but it's pretty beat-up. Which is surprising based on the condition of the helmet. It looks brand new. It even smells new.

Problem is I already have a White Neotec (my preferred color - something about conspicuity).

This past weekend I was in Florida visiting family. I figured it's a quick weekend trip, I'll go look for a bike rental. I lucked out and found a local dealer who just happened to have a Yamaha Demo truck visiting that Friday and Saturday. So I hi-tailed it over to the dealer. Of course I didn't bring any gear with me, so I was stuck buying a helmet and gloves for the demo rides.

Now I have three helmets and only one head, something has to go. Here's an excellent deal for your consideration:

Nearly new Shoei Neotec. Appears to be new/old stock. Really excellent condition. Includes pinlock (which I recently installed thinking I was going to wear it). I'll also include both 35mm cheek pads (standard item) and 31mm cheekpads I purchased separately because I find the 35mm pads too tight against my head. Last but not least, I'll include a Sena SMH10 universal headset. You'll need the control module (about $110 new on ebay), but you've got pretty nice package deal.

The helmet cost me $470, cheekpads were $42, sena headset was $39. My cost is $551.00. I'll sell it for $430 delivered to the lower 48 states.

IMG_1282_zps972kdvqj.jpg

IMG_1281_zpstnuahqag.jpg

IMG_1279_zpsr4zemnyt.jpg

IMG_1280_zpsw09jmlxx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal! Just looks like my head would roast in it though. I just bought a brand new Neotec with the Imminent graphics for $580 shipped. GLWS!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the good deal. GLWS Blassoff. I do love my Neotec but found that even though I was good in an XL Multitec, when I tried on the Neotec I had to go up to XXL. (Yes, I know. Big head.) Anyway, maybe go to CycleGear or somewhere and try on a Neotec for size if you're considering this. (And if you think I'm interfering with your sale, B, sorry, but maybe I just opened up the sale to a whole new market--guys who usually wear a Medium.) :lol:

+1 on the good deal. GLWS Blassoff. I do love my Neotec but found that even though I was good in an XL Multitec, when I tried on the Neotec I had to go up to XXL. (Yes, I know. Big head.) Anyway, maybe go to CycleGear or somewhere and try on a Neotec for size if you're considering this. (And if you think I'm interfering with your sale, B, sorry, but maybe I just opened up the sale to a whole new market--guys who usually wear a Medium.)
laugh.png
Interesting, my experience was the exact opposite. I was an xl in HJC helmets (cl-max and sy-max). When I went to shoei (rj platinum, multitec) I went down a size to Large. I measured my nogin and came up with 23 inches, 7 3/8 hat size, solidly a Large.

Take a piece of string or better yet a soft measuring tape. Measure your head just above the ears, decide what you need. Also remember cheek pad sizes. I'd have never bought a neotec in the first place if I couldn't make the sides more comfortable. Just sayin...

+1 on the good deal. GLWS Blassoff. I do love my Neotec but found that even though I was good in an XL Multitec, when I tried on the Neotec I had to go up to XXL. (Yes, I know. Big head.) Anyway, maybe go to CycleGear or somewhere and try on a Neotec for size if you're considering this. (And if you think I'm interfering with your sale, B, sorry, but maybe I just opened up the sale to a whole new market--guys who usually wear a Medium.)
laugh.png
i think the L and XL neotec are the same size shell. With both sets of pads, its essentially BOTH sizes

GLWS

Latest posts