• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the story folks. I bought this smuggler with the intent of having it painted red as is my 2014. I have learned our forum paint guru Gary, is no longer painting items red. I found the local paint and body shops express little interest in painting a custom color on a small item for less than $150. I do not ride the bike often and most of my riding are tours twice yearly. The smuggler would be nice but not worth the hassle and cost of repainting.

This smuggler is in like new condition, no scratches or dings. The paint is like new (blue) and all the hardware and butt pad are as good as new. If you have a blue FJR or are willing to paint it your color of choice this is for you. I understand Corbin no longer sells FJR Smugglers so this may be a rare opportunity to get one. I need $650 plus shipping to be made whole. If interested send me a PM with your email address and I will return pics of the item. Thanks.

Art

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the story folks. I bought this smuggler with the intent of having it painted red as is my 2014. I have learned our forum paint guru Gary, is no longer painting items red. I found the local paint and body shops express little interest in painting a custom color on a small item for less than $150. I do not ride the bike often and most of my riding are tours twice yearly. The smuggler would be nice but not worth the hassle and cost of repainting.
This smuggler is in like new condition, no scratches or dings. The paint is like new (blue) and all the hardware and butt pad are as good as new. If you have a blue FJR or are willing to paint it your color of choice this is for you. I understand Corbin no longer sells FJR Smugglers so this may be a rare opportunity to get one. I need $650 plus shipping to be made whole. If interested send me a PM with your email address and I will return pics of the item. Thanks.

Art
Dang, not happy to hear Gary quit doing red but I can't say I blame him. Gary repainted my red luggage rack and back rest frame. He charged me a little extra for the three coat red but it looks spectacular. I bought a use 2014 red Smuggler from another fellow on Facebook and although the paint job is good, it was obvious that Gary did not paint it since it was not perfect.

Assuming this would actually fit a 2014, that would mean this should fit any 2nd Gen or later. If it is shiney blue it would have to be 2006/2016 cobalt blue? If it is matte it would be the later blue matte, whatever that is called. Galaxy blue was 2005 , so first gen only. One picture would resolve all questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always put a vinyl wrap on it. Cover it with some carbon fiber vinyl or maybe a gray / silver digital camo.