Solidarity in Sport Touring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVMP

Reaction score
Hi all,

In the spirit of sport touring brotherhood (and sisterhood) I am reaching out from my position as a Concours Owners Group (COG) Assistant Area Director for the Northeast US. You may also recognize my username as a maker of bar end weights and sponsor of FJR Eastern Owners Meetings currently and in the past.

I noticed that your EOM was happening at the same time as our NE Fall Rally in Great Barrington, MA. Details of which you can find here: https://concours.org/event-4876551?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=9/12/2022

I am extending a cordial invitation to anyone who may not be able to make the EOM this year, but would still maybe like to do a little riding perhaps closer to home. Our room block has expired, but mentioning the Concours Owners Group will still get you our discounted rate.

We welcome and accept all bikes. We have quite a few FJR riders in our ranks. I haven’t owned a Concours in years, but I am still an active participant and member. Our motto is “Come for the bike. Stay for the people”.

This is a no fee rally, and anyone can register. Our rallies are relaxed fun affairs, and the spirit is - I’m sure- quite similar to FJR gatherings.

An excerpt from our rally registration page:

“So the rumors are true. The COG NE Fall rally is happening in the Berkshire Mountains. The location will be Great Barrington, MA located in the southwest corner of the state

The motel location is walkable to a large variety of downtown amenities, including several food and beverage establishments. GB gives you access to a number of great riding areas. Further north into the Berkshires or Vermont, west into New York, south into Northern Connecticut, or west across the Mohawk Trail. It’s all good, and Tom Brady doesn’t live here anymore. So there is that.”

Reach out to me via the registration page if have any questions. I sincerely hope we get to see some of you there. Ride safe.

Feel free to share this at will.

Steve C.

COG #6763, NE-AAD

Steve,

You're almost making me wish I wasn't already registered for EOM!

That's a great area of the country to ride in. Good luck with your event and I hope you get some takers.

I appreciate the kind words. We have tons of regional events, so I'll check back in here often. Have a safe and fun time at the EOM.

Love that area, was my go-to for day rides. 116 was never left out and a weirdly overstuffed sandwich in Cummington never disappointed. Hope you guys have a great time.

Love that area, was my go-to for day rides. 116 was never left out and a weirdly overstuffed sandwich in Cummington never disappointed. Hope you guys have a great time.
Thanks. It should be great. We have some great route suggestion. So far we have 21 registrants which is not bad for a local rally in these post-Covid times. Hopefully we can get some FJR Owners to attend. I really think we’ll hit it off.

Being in northwest CT. I live less than an hour away and do much riding near & south of Great Barrington. FYI- for those who don't know the area you can get non-ethanol fuel a short distance away in NY. Hope I can meet up with COG riders.:)

Being in northwest CT. I live less than an hour away and do much riding near & south of Great Barrington. FYI- for those who don't know the area you can get non-ethanol fuel a short distance away in NY. Hope I can meet up with COG riders.:)
It would be great to see you there.

Yes Stewart’s gas stations have 91 ethanol free (and great ice cream!). Good stuff!

Many of our suggested rides will probably take you past a Stewart’s or two.

Starting at Hillsdale, NY and north to get the “good fuel” at Stewarts… I have not found it south of that at Stewarts.
On sundays I Often go at end of day to fill up. Hope to see ya.

Steve - thank you for information and generous donation to the EOM banquet door prize raffle! I'll set up a link to your event from the EOM page as a solid alternative for anyone not able to make it south to EOM. Do you have a FB group or event as well?

Wayne

So the weather is looking great on the long term forecast. I had lunch today with a long time COG member who had to hang up his FJR due to health issues. He gave me a box of swag items that we will give away at the rally. So come check us out.

Ride safe
Steve C