• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Soltek HID Light Kit GB

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of my spare watts does it take to run these puppies? Do I have to go to the Electrosport alternator?
75 watts total is all thats needed for this kit.

:eek: Are you friggin' kidding me? Jebus! I mean, c'mon! Sum bitch, this has to end sometime! :blink: Please, oh, please lord, make it stop! I'm going back to boating. It's cheaper!
thinking.gif

OK, Bracket Boy, wadaya got for V-Strom brackets, hmmmm?
I've got access to a 1000 and 650 Vstroms anytime I want them for measuring. There will be light brackets available for both bikes in the near future.

Looks like 14-15 so far....not bad for the first day!

Somebody go post up at ADV Riders and the IBA forum. I'll hit up the local FD guys.

Put me down for a set with brackets :)

At this pace we might clear 40-50 sets!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for one set with brackets.

EDIT: WITH POLYCARBONATE COVERS!!!!!!!!

Is there a standardized wiring/switching setup that everyone is planning on using? I've seen Dale's CUNT box... is that how most people are going to go?

Is there a standardized wiring/switching setup that everyone is planning on using? I've seen Dale's CUNT box... is that how most people are going to go?
I'm hoping that they can be operated whenever you just flip the normal high beam switch. If I'm running high beams, I want ALL the light! KISS!

Not to "look a gift horse in the mouth", but when I heard we were going to get a deal on these lights, I envisioned a price of down in the $300 - 400 range for a pair, not $600. I know these are pretty special lights, but considering I just paid $160 for a pair of HIDs to replace my stock H4s, the price is still kinda high. But they do appear to be really great lights based on the output photo. Had the price been lower, I probably would have bought at least 3 pair.

I understand where your coming from, but I suggest you take a look at what good HID aux lights cost. Good high quality HID aux lights range from $600 to $1200 and can go well beyond that if you really have money to burn.

For comparisons sake, the Hella FF200's you see Ignacio running are at the lower end of the price spectrum I gave and the lowest price I've found on them new is $619. From what I've been told by quite a few people, these do not compare to the light output of the Solteks yet are the same price as this group buy.

A set of lights I was looking at that would probably be comparable (never seen them in use so I'm not positive) are the Hella Rallye 4000 Compact lights. These are suppose to be some of the best lights out there, but they come at a price of $970 for a set. Also, they're significantly bigger than the Soltek lights at 6.8" in diameter.

These Baja Design Soltek lights normally sell for $399 each, so this group buy is going to save you $200 on the set.

Whew... I missed the PHID group buy and i have been waiting for the final word on these... When do you plan to launch the GB and require payment? I want these! :dribble: :clapping:

I have wanted these lights since I noticed them on the website. Dumb question.... When do you run lights this bright and how often do people get pissed or.... can you aim them so as not to bling the people driving straight at you. And question 2. When Are you plannin On group buy?... I have to plan large purchases around certain times of year.

tim

I have wanted these lights since I noticed them on the website. Dumb question.... When do you run lights this bright and how often do people get pissed or.... can you aim them so as not to bling the people driving straight at you. And question 2. When Are you plannin On group buy?... I have to plan large purchases around certain times of year.tim

1. You run lights like this when your out in the middle of no where with no on coming traffic. These lights are bright enough that you cannot run them when other vehicles are within about 1/2 a mile of you.

2. I'd love to know the answer to this one too!

Any one want to post this up on the STN board?

I think that decision should be made by Skyway. Its his group buy. Having said that, if you want to add to the number of interested parties, posting this on the LD Riders list will definitely get more people to sign up!

Any one want to post this up on the STN board?

I think that decision should be made by Skyway. Its his group buy. Having said that, if you want to add to the number of interested parties, posting this on the LD Riders list will definitely get more people to sign up!

Yup.. that's what I thought. Didn't think it was my place to just post it up there.

I'm in, Just hope we get the magic number.

One bracket also

Thanks Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.