• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Soltek HID Light Kit GB

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post count Pawtracks. After working from 5.00am until 10.30 last night, I appreciate it!! :blink:

There are some names missing from this list that have committed privately, so I think we're very close to the next tier of discount.

Thanks for the post count Pawtracks. After working from 5.00am until 10.30 last night, I appreciate it!! :blink:
There are some names missing from this list that have committed privately, so I think we're very close to the next tier of discount.

What, Skooter too good to post publicly that he's moving from his high-sided PHID's to the SolTek's?!? Just because he's having to sell his stock in that hamster farm to afford them doesn't mean he should be ashamed to admit he wants a set...

What, Skooter too good to post publicly that he's moving from his high-sided PHID's to the SolTek's?!? Just because he's having to sell his stock in that hamster farm to afford them doesn't mean he should be ashamed to admit he wants a set...
Well, he did move on up to the East Side, to that de-luxe apartment, ya know. ;)

Ok, ok............sheesh!

I B IN!

The solteks are simply amazing. After doing side by side comparisons of Ian's Solteks and my PHIDs coming a down a dark 395 from Techwest I can confindently say that the PHIDs don't hold a candle, (or a bunch of candlepower) to the Solteks. Solteks have more light straight down the road, and much more light out to the sides. Even though I have concerns about the long term consequences of what the weight of these suckers will do to the front subframe, I am willing to give them a try as they were simply oustanding.

And the the availability of covers, and especially replacement parts compared to the PHIDs is a huge bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem Ian, I had some time to kill and was curious myself where we stood numbers wise.

I have all the names in an excel spreadsheet if you need it sometime during the GB.

The excel file made it easy to sort and double-check if I marked someone down twice.

Currently at ~36ish

I will periodically update my original post for those tracking the progress

Ian,

As we discussed, I am in for a set with brackets. I'll also take a set of brackets for the Vstrom DL1000 whenever those might be ready.

So did anyone post on STN or the like????

If we can get another price break or 2, This cheap bastard might get some light shown my way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I have concerns about the long term consequences of what the weight of these suckers will do to the front subframe, I am willing to give them a try as they were simply oustanding.
What kind of weight are we talking about?

I'm in for a set along with brackets.

IBR Rider

Thanks Ian

Mike Evans

Saratoga Springs, NY

It appears that there are a few other outsiders that want in on this... Some folks from the MD2020 riding list.

Because some of them may be BMW impaired, they may not want to join here just to say "me too". :unsure:

I'm assuming that there will be a GB site associated with this like in the past, and that's when the real numbers will matter. Would that be correct?

-MD

I'm assuming that there will be a GB site associated with this like in the past, and that's when the real numbers will matter. Would that be correct?
That would be correct. The Welsh Wanker is a wee bit slow (mother dropped him on his head a few too many times and all) but eventually he will have a purty website up where all details will be taken care of.

My condolences on your acquaintence's BMWs.

I would like to order a pair of Baja Designs Soltek Fuego HID lights.

Jim Puckett

Jackson, MO

636-933-5677 x8273 work

I would like to order a pair of Baja Designs Soltek Fuego HID lights.
Jim Puckett

Jackson, MO

636-933-5677 x8273 work
I'm happy for you! Give me an 800 number and I'll call you in person to tell you that you have to wait for the order form to go up on Skyway's website to order and leaving your # here does no good at all! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Approx 2 lbs, iirc
Will the FJR Goodies bracket's I've been using work with these Soltecks?

No. The lights are too heavy. That is why Ian is fabricating stronger brackets made of steel. I worked with Ian on mocking up the lights with his prototype steel brackets on my '06. Set aside another $80 bucks as you will need these brackets!

Approx 2 lbs, iirc
Will the FJR Goodies bracket's I've been using work with these Soltecks?

No. The lights are too heavy. That is why Ian is fabricating stronger brackets made of steel. I worked with Ian on mocking up the lights with his prototype steel brackets on my '06. Set aside another $80 bucks as you will need these brackets!

I believe the FJR Goodies brackets are made of steel so they should work, bigger lights than the Solteks have been mounted on them.

I believe the FJR Goodies brackets are made of steel so they should work, bigger lights than the Solteks have been mounted on them.
I think the problem was that they run into the mirror stalks when on the FJR Goodies brackets. Either way, inboard has to be better, so they're not the first thing to contact the ground on a tip-over. $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.