[Solved] Problem with Murph's peg lowering blocks on 2021

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ignore everything below. I was too quick to throw in the towel.

I just got the Murphskits peg lowering blocks for my new-to-me 2021 ES and have a problem with the right side. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this and maybe has a solution that hasn't occurred to me. The footpeg hits the brake lever close to where it attaches to the splines. Moving the brake lever lower doesn't fix the problem. Am I overlooking something or do these not work on this model? I thought I'd ask here before returning them. Thanks for whatever advice you can offer.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure what you meant so I had a look at their website. The photo shows the block close to the brake pedal. I wonder if yours is bent a bit?
Site also says it didn't work on someone's 2017ES but others said it worked on 2020, 2015 and 2016 - doesn't make sense to me.
Murph's Lowering Bracket

peg_1__31979.1649199929.jpg

Yeah, I looked at that photo on the website when I was having trouble and it didn't help. For some reason, when you posted it I saw it differently and it was obvious where I went wrong. Even though I'd tried both blocks on both sides in every configuration possible I couldn't make them work. But I just went back and tried again and it fit. Lesson learned. Don't do bike maintenance after spending 10 hours in the car and having a beer or two. D'oh!

It appears awfully close to the pedal. I would want to make VERY sure there is no possibility for the brake pedal to get caught on the underside of the bracket. That could ruin your whole day!