Something Cool -- Interested?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Saw this Sunday a couple blocks from home. Looked pretty familiar from a long time ago. A roomie of mine had one just a few years older back when it was brand new. Looks awful clean. He's moving out of state and wants to sell. If you can't make out the sign, it's a '76 CB 550 K. He's asking $2,800. We talked for a minute and he mentioned the mileage, but now I can't promise he said it was in the mid-teens, but I think so.

Pretty bike, just thought I'd show you, but I could find out more if anybody's really interested.

76 Honda.jpg

Oh my. I had an all black '77. Complete with hi-rise bars and a sissy bar. Called it the Squirrel.

Mike,

Prolly the smoothest bike I ever had, short of the FJR. Lotsa go-power for the size, as I remember. Only sold it when my FJ1100 showed up, Now, I'd want three disk brakes, alloy wheels, and an O-ring or X-ring chain there, but it was a good ride for its' day.

This picture is from 1982.
For some crazy reason, my brother (on left) and I (on the bike) decided to take a goofy picture in the driveway with my 1975 CB500T.
I bought the bike in 1982 as a new non-current motorcycle with 0 miles from a dealer who had it up on a shelf still in its shipping packaging.
I paid something like $500 and some nominal assembly fee.
I sold it a few years later for $600 after putting about 30K miles on it.
People always wanted to know how I kept it so clean and new looking and I would just laugh because it was basically new.
I should have kept that bike. It rode beautifully.
Still my 2014 FJR is so much more of a motorcycle. Duh.

PS:
MERICA !!!
LOL

CB500.jpg

Last edited:
Take it for a test ride first. My experience with that bike is that it was more thrilling in the 80s than today after riding the FJR.