Source for V-Strom handguards?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I tryed a search for this but was unsuccessful. Does anybody have a source for the V-Strom handguards that folks have been using? Also what year guards should I order for an '06 and is the additional hardware required the same as Warchild's write up in FJRTECH for earlier bikes?

Get them through Suzuki. Same hardware as for the previous gens. Warchilds site tells all. Also "search" here for some other useful tidbits. All in all, it's a 1 beer job unless your chickey

I got mine from Sunnyside at FJRGoodies.com. They sell a kit with all the hardware for a reasonable price.

I got mine from Sunnyside at FJRGoodies.com. They sell a kit with all the hardware for a reasonable price.
2247302-plus1.gif
The kit is hassle-free, and that's worth a little more to me than trying to chase down all the right parts through a Suzuki dealer.

Thanks, I knew someone would have the answer. I may go the Tiffany's route and buy the Yamaha color matched handguards for 200 some odd dollars and my first born. TurboDave has a picture posted on here someplace of his and I kind of like them. I'll have to mull it over. At least this way I know where to get the V-Strom ones in a pinch...

I looked on their website and couldn't find the kit. Do you have a part number for it? Or do I just call them and tell 'em what I want?

I looked on their website and couldn't find the kit. Do you have a part number for it? Or do I just call them and tell 'em what I want?
Yeah, just call 'em. You might even get Guru Glenn to answer. Tell them you want the kit and to throw in a new handle for your Kaiser blade.

Yeah, just call 'em. You might even get Guru Glenn to answer. Tell them you want the kit and to throw in a new handle for your Kaiser blade.

Some people call it a slingblade, I call it a Kaiser.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the parts are listed on WarChilds site. Not sure that the "kit" from FJRGoodies is much of a time saver especially @ $55 + shipping. I see the guards ~$35 for both. Anyone priced out the extra hardware from Suzuki? Not sure hardware could be another $20 but you never know these days!

The hardware from Suzuki is well over $20 because of the very special bolts that are used to replace the lever mounting bolts on the FJR. You can probably make something out of hardware store stuff, longer bolts, sleeves and washers, etc, but if you buy the real parts they will be pricey.

The nuts and bolts from Suzi were somewhere around $40.00. I bought this stuff b4 I knew about FJRGoodies. Go ahead and order them fr/ FJRGoodies if their prices are truly that good.