South East New Hampshire to Vermont

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've eaten there on my way skiing!!!! The food was awesome!!!But :sadsmiley02: I doubt we'll make it in time. OTOH Amanda and I are doin a little moto campin this weekend in Vt. We are leavin Sat goin up Rt 7 and coming back Sun on Rt 100. Look for us on an 08 with a Givi E52.

What a great day. Good friends, good food, good weather, and good roads.

We got home about 5:30 after stopping in Lake Luzerne for dinner. Total miles 322

Thanks for letting use ride along. It was a nice day of riding.

See Ya in 2 weeks.

Art & Felicia

Well, here I am late to my own party.

The weather was spectacular, if I could have ordered a day this one would have been it. For us it was a 287 mile ride. Here in New England mileage isn't a real indicator of a ride because there really aren't any wide open and clear places to run. The whole area is simply congested with forests, lakes, mountains and streams that have to be wandered through and around.

Thanks for leading the AM ride Fred. Helen and I assume that you didn't see all the deer in the woods along New Boston Rd 'cause you didn't try to run over any of them ;)

Dan pretty much summed up the diner. The staff doesn't have 'customer service' in their lexicon, nor would the word 'clean' ever be used in describing the diner. The service was slooooow. The food was real good. There was a sign hanging next to the door detailing all the food sources. This place grows much of what they serve and makes from scratch many things that are normally purchased. All the local farms and shops supply everything else, the world could go away and it wouldn't affect their ability to put out a good meal. I don't know who supplied the flies but they were substantial and quite healthy.

It was great to see ya Art and Felicia!

I'll have some pictures and a shortie ride report in a day or two, I'm wading through a ton of pixs right now.

Here is one picture to lead the others where Road Runner demonstrates dirt tracking the VT roads. I've always heard about choosing a good line through a corner and corner apex, this is the first time that I've actually seen it on the road.

IMG_5515asm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Art must be an old dirt rider. He's got that leg counterweight thing going perfectly!!

(PS - are you serious about deer on New Boston Rd? I sure missed 'em and I think my pillion was fast asleep by then)

Last edited by a moderator:
(PS - are you serious about deer on New Boston Rd? I sure missed 'em and I think my pillion was fast asleep by then)
Yes deer, I'm quite serious, my tail gunnner pillion pointed them out. Fortunately they seemed to be curious and not alarmed and moving.

Dayum. Missed em entirely. And I've been trying to be extra vigilant for obvious reasons...

Better get me some of them deer whistles to call em out. ;)

Sorry we missed this one, we were in Maine on the beach doin the family gathering thing.. Water was FREAKIN COLD!!!

No SHARKS though :lol: Glad you all had a great ride.