South East Ohio Ramble 2.0

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray ray

Reaction score
OK,

Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls.

Now's your chance to ride with "The Sage of Southeastern Ohio Roads"

Saturday, June 15 at the Fuel Mart at the corner of Ohio Rt 40 and Rt 83 at 11:00 AM in New Concord, Ohio

Stands up, and tanks full, at 11:30

The ride will be led by the one, the only, "The Sage of Southeastern Ohio Roads" dc32 That's right folks. He's come out of retirement

to lead this once in a lifetime event. Be there or be square.

P.S. This will not be a ride for "The weak right wrist folks"

P.S.S. All brake levers must be removed prior to joining the group
no.gif
phi.gif

5 days before I leave for CFO in Dubuque...and I still need to get a set of tires mounted. Not sure that I can make this shindig.

Trevor and I will be there. I will be square, Trevor will not. Thanks for the opportunity to ride with you guys again. It's always a blast!

I decided to head down on Friday morning just to get a shot at Ohio Rt. 209--658--541 78--556-- and "The Ohio Snake 536. Staying over at the Microtell in Cambridge, Ohio

Trevor and I will be there on Saturday. Still 11;00 AM correct? A friend of mine on a 2015 FZ 900 is going to tag along with us also. Count us in for 3 riders. Who else is showing up for this ride?

Be sure to let us know if there is a time or start location change. We'll meet up anywhere. St. Clairsville, Beallsville, or the Fuel Mart as originally planned. We're good with any start location. See you all on Saturday morning!

I'd like to stay with the Fuel Mart.Most of the good stuff is on the West side of SEO anymore, especially one newly paved snake that gives 536 a run for the money.The just finished paving last Saturday... hopefully they didn't do any edging this week.

Sounds great Denny, We'll be there at 11ish on Saturday morning. We're really looking forward to the ride. Thanks for leading us in the right direction.
smile.png

The Fuel Mart at 11:00 A.M. it is.

I was going to stay with Denny, but he said that I had to sleep with his............. Never mind, you guys probably already heard this one.

Left the house at 6:30 A.M. Had a great ride. no rain to speak of, until heading for home.

Steady rain the whole way home. Got home at 8:20 P.M. Safe, sound, and soaked.

Jeff's riding ability has improved by a factor of 10. Denny is as smooth as ever. If it weren't for

the stop signs and red lights, you would swear that he didn't have a brake light.

Can't wait for SEOR 3.0

Trevor and I got home at 8:15. Actually that's the same time we left this morning. We clocked 460 miles on some very flat, straight and boring roads. Thanks to Ray and Denny for putting this together. Denny is absolutely the King of SEO. He is so fun to follow on road after road and at a pretty good clip! We gave the FJR and Tracer GT a workout. I believe I may sleep well tonight. My friend Eli really enjoyed the ride and kept praising Denny's riding skills through the Sena's the entire ride. Ray kept us entertained as usual and showed off his riding skills as well. Trevor rode great and kept the rain at bay as usual. Another fantastic SEO ride. If Ray thinks my riding skills increased by a factor of 10, he must have thought I really sucked last time. Really looking forward to the next chapter of SEO rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for coming to the gathering of the Yamaha triples.2 Tracers,a FJ09,a FZ9 and a FJR.Especially thanks to Ray for posting the ride...and bringing the laughs.It's always fun Ray.The weather was nearly perfect and ODOT came through again with good road surfaces on all State routes including brand new pavement on 530!

As for my riding skills...I think it has much more to do with knowing the roads than skill...between two FJR's and my FJ09 I've rode over 100,000 miles in SEO.I hope I learned something in all that riding.See you all again soon.

I stumbled out to the garage this morning just to see yesterdays mileage ; 552 Wow ! It's no wonder that I can hardly walk today.

The next time we get together I will relate the story of my ride home. The high lights are this:

75 in a 50

Passing in a No Passing Zone

Reckless operation

failure to pull over for police authority

I stumbled out to the garage this morning just to see yesterdays mileage ; 552 Wow ! It's no wonder that I can hardly walk today.
The next time we get together I will relate the story of my ride home. The high lights are this:

75 in a 50

Passing in a No Passing Zone

Reckless operation

failure to pull over for police authority
Sounds like a typical passing of a Winnebago charge.