South eastern Mass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluemeany

Reaction score
Anyone near south eastern mass. Plan to do some track day with tony track day [i know the big blue bug is not a track bike but i paid only 3800 for it so spending another 3k for a track ride is not in the books now. so the bug has to do!] and maybe ride around a bit once the weather opens up.

we had a few warm days but i feel if i pull the bike from storage it will snow.so why risk...so been resigned to riding my bicycle and hiking for now.

oops wrong forum ... will i be banned ?

satz

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone near south eastern mass. Plan to do some track day with tony track day [i know the big blue bug is not a track bike but i paid only 3800 for it so spending another 3k for a track ride is not in the books now. so the bug has to do!] and maybe ride around a bit once the weather opens up.we had a few warm days but i feel if i pull the bike from storage it will snow.so why risk...so been resigned to riding my bicycle and hiking for now.

oops wrong forum ... will i be banned ?

satz
I suggest you look here. https://www.newenglandriders.org/TrainingDays/2018-Non-Sportbike.htm

and if are not familiar with New England Riders (NER) you should check them out on facebook

I am still around.

I am member of the new england riders on facebook too so plan to do some of their outing and trips this year.

I am doing some track days too

FNG - I am going aprill 22 and May 8 to thompson track .

Tomorrow 3/31 heading to vanilla bean for some lunch and mostly easy riding as its my first one and the roads are full pot holes .

I live in NY and going to Thompson for April 22 (with race bike to work off the cobwebs before race season starts at NH Speedway April 28) plus doing the nonsport track day May 7 on the FJR.

I live in NY and going to Thompson for April 22 (with race bike to work off the cobwebs before race season starts at NH Speedway April 28) plus doing the nonsport track day May 7 on the FJR.
Then I guess you won't be at the SEO Ramble?

Another season come to a close...

Did my first track day on the mighty beast in april, got a 2001 sv650 the next day for the next 5 track days this year.

Road a few thousand mile capping with a overnighter to the white mountains last week - 6 track day eats time and money . limited road trips. longest was a VT/NH/Catskill trip. It did take me to west point museum - highlight

Rode the fjr to lisbon , nh , rented a atv to ride the ammonusic atv trail and then rode 200 mile back home. I recommend using the rain gear on the atv when blasting through puddles and then hitting dusty trails. I think i wore rain gear all day that one day. dawn to dusk.

Rode to a New England RTE [ Ride to Eat ride to Kimbell farms ] Not sure i will do that as my eating days are behind me if i want to live a bit longer.

Saw alot of fjr around. I even spoke to a guy at Thompson speedway a sunday ago when i went to visit a few friends.

Now one more ride- to the storage garage where it will spend the winter.

Move south, bluemeany. Our riding season is really just beginning. I tell folks our season begins with Labor Day and runs through Memorial Day or mid-June.

Of course, us natives ride anytime there isn't snow and ice on the road. (Thank goodness for heated grips and seats! It gets cold below 45F!)

Still to early to put the bike away. Why not ride until the snow flies. We still have some good days ahead of us.

Dave

Move south, bluemeany. Our riding season is really just beginning. I tell folks our season begins with Labor Day and runs through Memorial Day or mid-June.
Of course, us natives ride anytime there isn't snow and ice on the road. (Thank goodness for heated grips and seats! It gets cold below 45F!))
Last year when i suggested this, my wife and kids said cool. I find a work from home job and get ready to put the house on sale. Then they said not cool.....come on.

working from home is not good in the north east as in winter there was a 2 week period where i never left the house....drove me nutz.

Still to early to put the bike away. Why not ride until the snow flies. We still have some good days ahead of us.
Dave
Work will make me do some trips in the coming weeks plus one more long weekend on the RV which i have not used in more than month. I need move some place where i am not stressed by not using the RV , Motorcycle due to the short summers here.

08FJR4ME posted: Still to early to put the bike away. Why not ride until the snow flies. We still have some good days ahead of us.
Dave
I'm with you, brother. Us southern boys always ride until the snow flies!
coolsmiley02.gif

08FJR4ME posted: Still to early to put the bike away. Why not ride until the snow flies. We still have some good days ahead of us.

Dave
I'm with you, brother. Us southern boys always ride until the snow flies! :coolsmiley02:
So do us northern boys. The best riding of the year in northern New England is in the next couple of months. You dont get all hot and sweaty in your riding gear, the bugs dont collect on your windshield or face shield, you wont wear your arm out waving at sunny day only riders, and dont have to ignore the Harley tough guys not waving back because they arent out there.
Until the road is covered with snow or salt I keep riding. I figure Ive got maybe 20 more years of riding left if Im lucky, I dont want to waste a single good ride day. Winterizing motorcycles is over rated and unnecesarry. My winterizing routine is to turn the key off one snowy day in December and hope for a sunny day in the months ahead to dash out for another ride.

Heated gear is your friend. You get a lot of weird looks from car drivers when your riding in sub-freezing temps, but the riders will give you the thumbs up. Cause they know.

I think some of you commute. I work from home so no more commute for me.I do get off work friday at 12 pm

so i will have some afternoon scoot i have to put the fjr1300 away at storage with the sv650.

today i rolled the rv cover out.always a sad thing. i love camping with kids and motorcyle riding... seem they are at odds at each other. i do realize soon my 8 and 11 yr old will be old that i will miss these days so i give them all the time .

we did 30 days of camping this year, 6 track days and 3 overnighter/multiday trip on the fjr. i call it a good summer. forgot to add the atv trip and hiked atleast 100 miles or more i would think. Rented a winter week at a house up north... now to find a snow mobile rental place near white moutains.

i love camping with kids and motorcyle riding... seem they are at odds at each other. i do realize soon my 8 and 11 yr old will be old that i will miss these days so i give them all the time .we did 30 days of camping this year, 6 track days and 3 overnighter/multiday trip on the fjr. i call it a good summer. forgot to add the atv trip and hiked atleast 100 miles or more i would think. Rented a winter week at a house up north... now to find a snow mobile rental place near white moutains.
Smart man.