Southwestern Mass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOgre

Reaction score
Hey all,

Thinking about an overnighter tomorrow or Thursday. Been reading some past posts about the southern Massachusetts area as that'll fit time-wise for me. Rather than me guessing, could anyone recommend a nice route around those parts? Thanks.

Hey all,
Thinking about an overnighter tomorrow or Thursday. Been reading some past posts about the southern Massachusetts area as that'll fit time-wise for me. Rather than me guessing, could anyone recommend a nice route around those parts? Thanks.
What are you trying to see/go to? I assume you'll be taking the LI ferry into New London.

Really have nothing in particular in mind other than to log some miles and take in some scenery. Initial thought was to get into N.H but time would be too short. As far as the ferry, yeah, probably although depending on the time I leave, it might be quicker to shoot up the N.Y side.

Why in the heck can't you take time like regular folk?! And c'mon up to the Gaspe :D
You know, I was thinking about that. If I only had another half a day I might consider it.
BO (ooh, bad initials ;) ) - you're going to need more than an "overnight" and "another half a day" ! I'd use 3 days to make the round trip from Freddy. So you might want at least 4 "overnights" :lol:

Do you have a gps? I could throw together a nice little route though RI/Newport/ southern MA if ou can read GPX files.

Do you have a gps? I could throw together a nice little route though RI/Newport/ southern MA if ou can read GPX files.
No, sorry. Can read a map with ease but can't seem to get comfortable using a GPS, although can't say I've actually made an effort either. Was able to follow Fred's route through Maine though using Google Earth if that somehow makes things easy. Would love to hear any suggestions you might have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the heck can't you take time like regular folk?! And c'mon up to the Gaspe :D
You know, I was thinking about that. If I only had another half a day I might consider it.
BO (ooh, bad initials ;) ) - you're going to need more than an "overnight" and "another half a day" ! I'd use 3 days to make the round trip from Freddy. So you might want at least 4 "overnights" :lol:
I know but I was trying to be faceesi . . . faseeshis . . . funny. Sorta remembered you having a sense of humor. For a girl anyway. :grin:

No, sorry. Can read a map with ease but can't seem to get comfortable using a GPS, although can't say I've actually made an effort either. Was able to follow Fred's route through Maine though using Google Earth if that somehow makes things easy. Would love to hear any suggestions you might have.
PM me with your email address and I'll send you a file you can load into Google earth

Random roads to check out (in no particular order): 116, Notch Rd running up to the summit of Mt Greylock (can be slow if behind cages- posted speeds <35 mph. . . . scenic and nice roads. . . . .even more fun if you're the Hooligan type :rolleyes: ), Rt 2 between Shelburne Falls and North Adams.

Nice little place for lunch in Shelburne Falls : Visit My Website Get there early or at an off time- small and popular spot to eat. Thinking it'd be fine during the week, but then again, it is summer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorta remembered you having a sense of humor. For a girl anyway. :grin:
What's this "for a girl...." s**t ?!

Didn't you see the bad big-ass FJR I ride ?!

(hey, when it's rolling I'm good; it's the slow-speed turning on gravel slopes that get tricky ;) )