SPANK RALLY Deadlne

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beeroux

Reaction score
Folks.

FYI, the Sign-Up deadline is September 16th.

Only 6 spots left then we're FULL.

If you've been sitting on the fence, please choose the greener grass then jump accordingly.

George Zelenz

SPANK Rally Master

www.spankrally.com

The Finishers Banquet is being hosted by Stone Brewing Co. We will feast inside their award winning World Bistro & Gardens. Incredible food and craft ale’s brewed just feet away. Cabs and vans will be available for the short hop to the brewery. Your rally fee covers all-you-can-eat grub and enough beer to make you very very happy.
Finish sure looks yummy...

-bvw.

In the letter that went out, a Polaroid type camera was specificially called for. Is that an IBA thing? Are digitals not permitted? Polaroid is not only getting more scarce, the supplies for them are getting really expensive. I just sunk $400+ into a nice digital. Do they really fear photoshoping on the fly or something?

Just curious. I'm asking out of ignorance, not objection or whining...educate me

I'll let GZ answer that, but be sure to have your shiny new digital w/ you as well. You won't be getting the Polaroids back (I suspect you won't anyway). I always take one w/ the Polaroid and one or two w/ my digital. Much nicer for the ride report / photo-bucket site.

Yup Polaroid is a pretty common requirement for Rally's. Some rally's are starting to allow digital, but most still call for the good ole' Polaroid.

In the letter that went out, a Polaroid type camera was specificially called for. Is that an IBA thing? Are digitals not permitted? Polaroid is not only getting more scarce, the supplies for them are getting really expensive. I just sunk $400+ into a nice digital. Do they really fear photoshoping on the fly or something?
Just curious. I'm asking out of ignorance, not objection or whining...educate me

Cheap Polaroids at Amazon

Costco sells the film in 6 packs, I think.

If you're going to be entering rallies, you might as well invest in one -

Personally, I use this one - It's yellow, (means I can see it at night) and designed for a job site so it's a bit rugged. Job Pro Polaroid

And it's $65.00. I've used it in two of Beeroux's WFO rides, SPANK will be it's first actual rally.

All you have to do is make sure that there's film in it, so when you arrive at your first bonus point, you don't have to open a film pack and install it. DAMHIK. :blink:

Yupper.

Polaroids are the brain dead Gold Standard.

I'm open to Digitals in the future, but this rally is already pushing enough envelopes that I don't need another complication.

HTH.

GZ

LOL

Kaitsdad NAILED my position. Always go Big. Unless you have a hot tub nearby.<G>

But in all seriousness, I think routing assistance really sucks. You have honorable guys doing it all on their own, then guys using teams. Thats like two different rallys running side by side.

So either run 2 rallys or use asterisks.

GZ

at least the Spank runs yearly, Fjr_Pig, so you won't have to wait long.

I actually seriously considered riding the Spank, if nothing else to give my low life bud George some rent money, but the work schedule simply sucks right now.

that, and I'm the CBA prez for cryin' out loud! (and I'm chicken too)

at least the Spank runs yearly, Fjr_Pig, so you won't have to wait long.
I actually seriously considered riding the Spank, if nothing else to give my low life bud George some rent money, but the work schedule simply sucks right now.

that, and I'm the CBA prez for cryin' out loud! (and I'm chicken too)
Indeed, indeed, a short year hopefully because I am seriously interested now that I know George needs rent $. I even own a two month old Polaroid.

Don't mean to hijack, but your brought it up. How does one get into the California Bowler's Association?

:p

Simple, borrow dcarver's skirt and have your picture taken in it after a grueling day of no-more-than-30 miles of riding...

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple, borrow dcarver's skirt and have your picture taken in it after a grueling day of no-more-than-30 miles of riding...
Don't forget to include the one hour breakfast stop, two hour lunch/nap break then the dinner stop. A true CBA rider will need to find a motel for the night after such an arduous ride. On the plus side, if one starts with a full tank then gas stops can be minimized or even eliminated.

Jill

LOL
Kaitsdad NAILED my position. Always go Big. Unless you have a hot tub nearby.<G>

But in all seriousness, I think routing assistance really sucks. You have honorable guys doing it all on their own, then guys using teams. Thats like two different rallys running side by side.

So either run 2 rallys or use asterisks.

GZ

How about riding assistance? Get a couple hundred riders scattered around the southwest and swap every few hours? :p :p :p

Well this fence sitter finally threw his hat in.

Yep renojohn is heading east to run the SPANK Kawlifornia Edition. ...and Yes you geography challenged ... Southenrn Kawlifornia is EAST of Reno.

On the fence because this hick from Nevada is way out of his element in Kawlifornia ...the traffic, the confusing roads, all those freeways, those people and more people and more people and then there's the crazy highway system ....all greek to me and a nightmare all around. And one more time: All those confusing freeways.

.....and I don't know where shit is down there. Is Vista north or south of Chula Vista?? Does Aneheim traffic get backed up during Rams games?? Oh that's right, no superbowl for LA since my Raiders brought so CA one many years ago (you're welcome) ...but then got smart and left that hell-hole and came back home.

Is Ojai a shortcut to the valley ...and wha the the hell does the "Valley" mean anyway? is Disneyland near Leggoland and why do the people in La Jolla have the same attitude as the folks in Goleta ...even though they're not even close to each other.

Geeze, haven't even got my rally packet and I'm already having a route planning melt-down.

So, I'm coming early to get these and many more questions answered. I'd sure appreciate some help ......PLEASE, give this hick from Nevada some Kawlifornia pointers and advice. I'm talking the south end ...the north end is my bitch so no worries there.

Cheers from Reno ....John

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts