SPANK rally report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great report, Jerry! I enjoyed going through it. I had no idea you covered that much distance. Too bad you have a POS BMW and not a really great FJR. :p Oh well, I understand that will soon change. Jb

Wowzzers, that is some report!! Nice job on the report Jerry. Even better job on the rally. Very sorry about the DNF, but you ran a solid plan, stuck with it and showed great attitude when things fell apart.

My favorite bonus was the "Family Bonus" at gate D21 DWF airport. That is really a cute story and nice you could continue good fun even though the bike ride was over.

Thanks for sharing all the SPANK fun in much detail ....john

Great read! Thanks for giving me a reason to never torture myself by entering a rally such as this :) j/k...maybe someday

Great report Jerry! And I loved your "never say die" attitude. Way to persevere in the face of adversity. Your experience will serve you well for the IBR.

I'm blocking off a couple days now in preparation of reading your IBR report. :)

Great report, Jerry! I enjoyed going through it. I had no idea you covered that much distance. Too bad you have a POS BMW and not a really great FJR. :p Oh well, I understand that will soon change. Jb
I think you ought to stick with the BMW Jerry ;)

I can't believe I read the whole thing! WOW! I just kept thinking, what makes you guys tick... Attitude! Great read, thanks for sharing. Oh, and uh, I'm not sorry about the break down, I think its' one of the many pieces that makes the adverture great, unique, incredible! Would have been good to get the plaque, but I don't think that is why you folks take on this insanity.

Hey Jerry

What a great read, I even saved the file to re-read later. Amazing how close we were together the first few days. I went to Chicago then stopped outside Pittsburgh. Second day I was in DC, we missed each other, and struggled out of VA in that god-awful traffic. I went to Myrtle Beach and stayed the night in Savannah. It wasn't me near Atlanta, I was pretty south of there when I headed west. I stayed in a motel every night accept one, so you toughed it out a lot more. I also kept south and missed all of that rain, accept for one downpour in Van Horn, TX.

It was a real high point for me seeing you north of LA heading to that goat trail to Silver City. I wanted to make Barstow that night but ended up in Tehachapi. Just too tired.

You had me beat in the rally, it's real sad about the breakdown. My BM ran perfect, but I'm still planning to ride my new FJR in the IBR. Looking forward to our rivalry in the big one my friend.

Take care

Terry

Latest posts