Spark plugs....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TownsendsFJR1300

Reaction score
My 04 (with 6100 miles) began to develop some rough running issues (mid range RPM stumble and stumble off idle) so it was time to get the TPS replaced. TPS was replaced at the dealership, the problem got worse (mid range)and the dealer couldn't figure out why... Got home and started checking connectors after removing plastic. I located some corrosion at some wiring connectors under the T-bar (by the steering head). The return fuel line was not reinstalled where it should have been either.. Original spark plugs looked good, gaps were within spec, and the plug wires were fully seated and looked good....

Just to cover the basics, I replaced the spark plugs (stock plugs) gapped at .030. Put the bike back together, runs like it should... No more hicupping, stumbling, nothing..... Needless to say, even thou there weren't many miles on the plugs, they were over two years old... When in doubt, just change em.... Hope this saves someone some headaches.....