Speed cameras........

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donal

Reaction score
Saw this in the local free magazine......

Four youths from Canberra, Australia pulled off a trick of breathtaking bravado in order to gain revenge on a mobile speed camera van operating in the area.

Three of the group approached the van and distracted the operator's attention by asking a series of questions about how the equipment worked and how many cars the operator could catch in a day.

Meanwhile the fourth musketeer sneaked to the front of the van and unscrewed the numberplate.

After bidding the van operator goodbye, the friends returned home, fixed the numberplate to their car and drove through the camera's radar at high speed......... 17 times.

As a result, the automated billing system issued 17 speeding tickets to itself.

Now that really appeals to me..........

Were they paid?
no.gif

You have to be a little careful.

A motorcyclist went through a forward-facing speed camera, which, of course, doesn't see the bike's numberplate. Being a smart-arse, he went through at high speed, and gave the camera The Finger, which is a sign of considerable disrespect (that's away from this forum
finger.gif
).

The police took the camera's photograph, and spent considerable time tracking down the bike from its picture (make, model, colour ...), and the motorcyclist was appropriately punished.

Had he not raised his finger, they would never have bothered.

On one of my first long road trips east I was caught out on a toll road w/o any change. the booth was unattended but there was a single attendant in an office. I pulled past and u-turned back and offered to pay with cash but they wouldn't take it. I was informed a ticket would arrive at my house before I got back home. Mind you no info was given by me and the camera must not have got a clear shot of my plate because the ticket has never arrived. I was polite and cordial so maybe that's why?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Germans were using cameras at traffic lights as long ago as the 70's. One of my troopers pulled a similar stunt by driving thru a red light many times after he was caught doing it once accidentally. He thought the German authorities would think it was a faulty camera. His plan worked beautifully right up until the moment the soldier was arrested by the German Polizei. Some alcohol was involved.

Latest posts