• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Speedo healer for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duplicate (triplcate, actually) . . . I pressed the 'submit' button again only after almost a minute had expired . . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I am putting the speedo healer from my Gen-II up for sale.

A speedo healer is used to adjust the accuracy of the bike's speedometer - or it can be used to scale the odometer and speedometer from metric to English measure or the other way around.

While the speedo on my ES is out by more than 8% it isn't practical to implement one on the ES, so it has to go.

Gen-II speedos in all markets are notoriously optimistic.

Healers sell for between $116 and $135 on the web, so I am offering mine for $80, shipped anywhere in North America (amounts in US dollars).

The device comprises a small circuit board that is connected to bike power (there is a very accessible power take-off point that requires no cutting or hacking available from the brake light circuit right near the ECU) and also in series with one wire that goes to the ECU. The board has a DIP switch that is used to set the correction factor - generally against a measured mile or GPS unit. It also has a memory feature that remembers the fastest speed your bike has travelled since the device was set.

Setting instructions Healtech people can be found here - mine is a V3 I believe, but all of the pre-V4s set up the same way:

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/ht_sh_online_calculator_en.swf

It will come with the original wiring instructions . . . physical installation details specific to the Gen-II can be found on line. I have provided the link here, this being the same one I used to install the healer on my '06. Note that this is for a different make of healer (which is no longer available), but connects the same way:

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/yellowboxfjr