Speedo/Tacho not "calibrating"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ds_928

Reaction score
Picked up my new (used 06 with 800 miles) 1300AE just over a week ago.

One night last week when turning on the ignition the speedometer did not “calibrate” (spin round the dial and back once). I turned on/off a number of time, nothing. I rode home, not sure how fast though because the speedo was not working...

Last night a similar thing with my tachometer...it did not calibrate at first but did after the 4th ignition on/off.

The only thing I can think is that it’s too cold for the dials? – Maybe too cold for this Ca bike, both times it was around 30 degrees…but there must be many FJR’s in many colder places than the abnormally cold Ca is just now…

Anyone else had this issue? Does it look like it’s too cold for my Ca bike…or should I make a trip to the dealers?

I'd stop by the dealer. Some "A" models had that problem but it sounded like they were all fixed with the faulty MPG unit recall (No "AE"s were involved in the recall IIRC).

I'd stop by the dealer. Some "A" models had that problem but it sounded like they were all fixed with the faulty MPG unit recall (No "AE"s were involved in the recall IIRC).
Thanks both...happened again this evening and it was 46...so not the cold.

I'll contact the dealers.