Spend my money! (On a dual sport)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had KTM 450EXC Plated, WR250R, DRZ400E Plated and a DR650. Without a doubt the DR650 is the best all around bike for True Dual Sport. One thing you must do with the old DR650, Suspension, Suspension, Suspension. Everyone puts all this money in trying to make the bike faster (Pipe, Carb, airbox mod). If you jet it right it will run just as good as the modded bike, but still get you high 40' low 50's MPG. I will say my old DR is the only bike I have kept over 5 years. I bought it used in 2008 it is a 2002 model and has tons of miles on it. They are super easy to maintain, run good on the highway and practically bullet proof. Good luck in your search, Ride as many bikes as you can and see what fits you the best.

My nephew is graduating from high school this year and has asked his mom for a dual sport as a gift. Being the lone rider in the family, I was tasked with finding him a decent starter bike for $1800. After perusing the local CL and other for sale venues, I found that there was no such thing in the Spring. I stumbled onto the Chinese bikes that are now being imported here. I ordered what is called a 2018 Blue Eagle Brozz 250. Shipped to my door in the crate for $1749. They are getting great reviews on the China Riders forum. Looks to be minimal assembly required. I might have to get myself one.

www.brozz250.com

Ohhh. Now theres an interesting candidate. Cheap enough it's practically disposable. I wonder how hard it is to get parts. The Carbs should be simple enough.

Only a short hop to the importer in Atlanta too. Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up buying a Versys-x 300 abs and it is perfect for the local gravel roads and does good on pavement. Ridden wash creek and yellow gap and cathy's creek FS 475 & 475b many times this year once they opened up.

Went out to Wilson Creek area south/west of Blowing Rock yesterday and was the perfect bike to get there, ride the roads and come back. Over 200 miles logged.

Put 1700 miles on the bike since I bought it in Feb. 60% Gravel roads, 40% pavement (by miles). 85% gravel roads, 15% pavement (by time spent riding)

48014848701_9e0eac20b9_b.jpg

Got the Chinese bike in and assembled. I must admit, this is a pretty good deal brand new for $1750 shipped!

Ohhh. Now theres an interesting candidate. Cheap enough it's practically disposable. I wonder how hard it is to get parts. The Carbs should be simple enough.Only a short hop to the importer in Atlanta too. Hmmm
The parts are available from the same website and are very affordable.

So how do you pronounce the name of that thing? Broze? Bras?

Give us some feedback once you've taken it into the dirt - no way will I ever buy one, but still interested in how it turns out for you....

I've heard it pronounced both ways. No idea what is correct. Is not my bike, so I doubt that I'll ever have it in the dirt. I'll try to get a report from my nephew after he's had it awhile.

Guy in the video pronounces it like multiple pieces of ladies' undergarments: bras. Of course, he can't remember what you call the gearshift lever ... see it at about 4:45. Honestly, the video and website quality have me CURIOUS AS CAN BE about this motorbike. It might be just the ticket for rowdy afternoons on US Forest Service roads.

It's an interesting machine. Please let us know how it rides, chazglenn3; I'll see about getting out that way -- Norcross, GA -- to look at it.