Spiegler Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the same boat. After I got home and opened the box only the lines, speed bleeders, pads, and rear rotor were in evidence.

I left voicemail and emailed and the next day Mike called me back and then an emaile showed up explaining the wait for the front rotors.

Waited this long, another two weeks will seem short in comparison. :rolleyes:

PS. Woodstock, where in the PNW?

Last edited by a moderator:
See if ocfjr is reading this thread.

I'd be more than happy to ride to Oregon City to help if he is interested. Personnally my own garage needs to be nuked before I can fit another MC in there for installing anything.

Eric, you reading this and interested in helping an FJR brudda out?

Mine came Friday--everything complete! 88 gazillion brake lines, smoke gray with gold ends, new pads front and back, brake'n'clutch bleeders, and 3 truly medieval rotors!

Think I'm gonna take a week to do them, wilbers and a few other farkles!

Lines, speed bleeders, pads, all arrived on Wednesday. Installed yesterday. I've got a question about the speed bleeders, though. How do you make 'em work? I went to a website explaining the function of the speed bleeders. It says open the bleeder a 1/4 turn, then pump the lever. Nothing! Gave up, put the stock bleeders back in, and used a Mity-vac to bleed lines. Anyone have any suggestions?

someone else mentioned that they don't work until after you have the system bled the first time. Too much air and they won't work. They said they removed the bleeders completely and let gravity work until fluid came out at the bottom, installed their speed bleeders, and they then worked as expected.

Just installed he brake lines today and you need to get some of the air out of the lines before the bleeders begin to work. All I did was pull a vacuum on the lines until I was getting mostly clear fluid. At that point I used the check valve in the bleeders to get the rest of the air out. They work great!!

My place is too small to do anything. If someone were to host a place to work on installs, I would be willing to be on hand to over see and answer needed questions.