Split - Non-Philips LED H4 Bulbs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaYzerman19

Go Wings!
Reaction score
Update...... In addition to the Phillips, there is an LED replacement available that has shields to direct the light where you want it. This is much cheaper, around $40 per pair. Here is the link to Alibaba, which implies you need to buy in bulk. The wheels have been greased so you can buy one pair. In this link, use the contact or email option to send your request...... Cindy Zhou is the person who is expecting a few requests......

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Auto-LED-Conversion-Kit-High-Power_60385106038.html?spm=a2700.7724838.30.9.I2ier6

Background discussion in this thread on ST-O (skip to post 45 if you like)

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?146534-How-to-modify-H4-led-to-reduce-glare-ST1300/page2

I had what seemed to be a very good implementation of LEDs on the (now) wrecked 2014 - what was nice about them was that when the brights were on, both LED elements in the bulb were lit - but the pattern was NOT as good as the

stock bulbs. Just whiter.
c.jpg

These should have the proper beam pattern given the correct shield over the low beam LED's. The review over on the ST forum was very positive. I'm looking forward to receiving them! The G6 bulbs even use Osram LED's in place of the Cree LED's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the bulbs in the mail yesterday and got them installed today. I'm very happy with what I've seen so far. I haven't been able to take a ride yet, but the beam pattern looks great against the garage door. The cutoff is awesome. I'm really looking forward to getting the bike out at night for a full test.

These can now be purchased on Amazon for not too much more money.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Evitek-6500K-Easy-Installed-4500LM/dp/B017M566T4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1451400580&sr=8-3&keywords=EVITEK%20h4&tag=viglink20849-20

Got the bulbs in the mail yesterday and got them installed today. I'm very happy with what I've seen so far. I haven't been able to take a ride yet, but the beam pattern looks great against the garage door. The cutoff is awesome. I'm really looking forward to getting the bike out at night for a full test.

These can now be purchased on Amazon for not too much more money.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Evitek-6500K-Easy-Installed-4500LM/dp/B017M566T4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1451400580&sr=8-3&keywords=EVITEK%20h4&tag=viglink20849-20

Pictures would be awesome. How does pattern and down the road lighting compare to OEM?

Not at all. The H4 mounting ring separates from the main bulb housing and is then clipped into the headlight assembly with the wire retainer. Then, the rubber boot is mounted back on the assembly. Lastly, the bulb is inserted thru the boot and locked into place. A very nice setup. The Amazon link shows the installation steps in a photo. I would post it here, but my work firewall blocks all of the free photo hosting sites
sad.png

If these provide better light than incandescent lights, they might be worth it. Price is good but I am not particularly a fan of the 6500 K light. Power saving is only about 10 watts over a 55W standard halogen.

Just read the ST thread and these bulbs look like they are a good solution to the beam pattern problems with a lot of LED aftermarket H4s.

Interested to see results.

It's been colder than a witches tit in a brass bra here in the Pacific NW these last few days, so I have yet to make my after dark test run. I'll update when the weather changes.

There is quite a difference in the cutoff of those two beams. The car is low and clean along the fenceline and eventually meets the ground behind the truck. The motorcycle lights rise as they go out along the fenceline and look like they might dazzle at the range of the truck. I'd consider adjusting lower.

bike2%201.jpg

car1%201.jpg

Agreed. The cutoff on the car is cleaner due to the difference in the projector housing and the bike's reflector housing I believe. The beam pattern appears to be correct for the reflector housing. I was thinking that I should adjust the lights down a bit on the bike. Still overall I'm pleased with the results.

I agree, and had to do the same thing with HIDs. The FJR has a great cutoff with the right bulb, but you do need to avoid that rising line of light as opposed to a flat or descending low beam cutoff.

Latest posts