Split - Non-Philips LED H4 Bulbs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use these in my vehicles, they are amazingly bright and throw light very evenly.

I'm considering it on the '14 but not sure if the fan housing will clear the headlight adjustment cable.

Atshark 80W 7200LM H4 LED Headlight / Headlamp Conversion Kit 3 COB LED 6000K Cool White Super Bright- Replaces Halogen & HID-2 Pack https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016KNWS3M/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_lVMQwb5V15BZV

I use these in my vehicles, they are amazingly bright and throw light very evenly.I'm considering it on the '14 but not sure if the fan housing will clear the headlight adjustment cable.

Atshark 80W 7200LM H4 LED Headlight / Headlamp Conversion Kit 3 COB LED 6000K Cool White Super Bright- Replaces Halogen & HID-2 Pack https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016KNWS3M/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_lVMQwb5V15BZV
Some of us are looking for more light but want to have good pattern control on low beam to prevent glare to incoming drivers.

The claim was that the ones I bought did that but it's quite obvious they fall short.

Comparing the design of the ones I have to the ones you list, I just can't see how they would be any better at pattern control.

Can you provide pics of a comparison to the stock lights?

I use these in my vehicles, they are amazingly bright and throw light very evenly.I'm considering it on the '14 but not sure if the fan housing will clear the headlight adjustment cable.

Some of us are looking for more light but want to have good pattern control on low beam to prevent glare to incoming drivers.

The claim was that the ones I bought did that but it's quite obvious they fall short.

Comparing the design of the ones I have to the ones you list, I just can't see how they would be any better at pattern control.

Can you provide pics of a comparison to the stock lights?
Not sure if your going to get that cut off line with these, they just light up everything in front of you.

Probably not the best option if your looking to not blind oncoming traffic, but if you want lots of clear white light these are them. Ive used other LEDs before and the light was blotchy and unfocused, not the case with these.

If it warms up I may pop them out of my car and try them on the bike. however with the 3 feet of snow outside i wont be going for any rides anytime soon.

There are tons of LEDs that will "just light up everything in front of you"

The point of this thread, more or less, was the idea that there are products available to get the right cut off and this particular product, apparently, faired well.

Room for improvement as shown in the test.

I suppose they are better than a lot of the LEDs available but not as good as they should be and not DOT approved.

There is a reason that manufacturers need to comply with proper headlight design.

Many of us are tired of getting blinded by poor aftermarket headlight LEDs and HIDs installed to satisfy the driver with no regard for others that share the road.

The most recent LED's have shields to provide the cutoff of stray light ...... it may be that your shields were disturbed a bit, so may need to be tweaked back into position??

Didn't the OP or someone have to lower their headlight adjustment to bring the cutoff closer to OEM? I haven't tried them, so I don't know, but did you try that Nanahanman?

Headlights shipped yesterday. My guess is that I'll have them next week.
These left China on Jan 22nd, and are being delivered today, January 30th. It amazes me that something coming from literally halfway around the world can be delivered in just 8 days!

Didn't the OP or someone have to lower their headlight adjustment to bring the cutoff closer to OEM? I haven't tried them, so I don't know, but did you try that Nanahanman?
Yes. It moved the majority of the light in roughly the same location as the stock bulb (see pic) but it doesn't change the poor pattern behaviour.

Yes, the "shields" were firmly in place.

These, and other LED H4 replacements just go to prove how hard it is to replicate the optics of lights designed with H4 halogen light sources.

That filament is in a very specific and small location and you can't replicate that with LEDs tacked on to a tower.

I'm done with the whole idea...for now.

I contacted the supplier, sent the same pics, and they offered a 30% discount. Seems fair.

So if anyone here is keen to have these bulbs, step up with an offer.
smile.png

I tried to install these last week and could not. How are you getting these through the rubber boot, please?
Try mounting the removable plates, putting the boot on, then inserting the rest of the assembly through the boot into the plate and twisting to lock into place. I guided the assembly by looking through the headlight lens while inserting (a bit of a stretch, but not bad) to be sure I didn't disturb the LED shields.

Yes. It moved the majority of the light in roughly the same location as the stock bulb (see pic) but it doesn't change the poor pattern behaviour.

These, and other LED H4 replacements just go to prove how hard it is to replicate the optics of lights designed with H4 halogen light sources.

That filament is in a very specific and small location and you can't replicate that with LEDs tacked on to a tower.

I contacted the supplier, sent the same pics, and they offered a 30% discount. Seems fair.

smile.png
That is why I'll continue to run Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs until they get the LED's right. Maybe I'm too anal but the beam pattern is really crucial to me.

I tried to install these last week and could not. How are you getting these through the rubber boot, please?
Try mounting the removable plates, putting the boot on, then inserting the rest of the assembly through the boot into the plate and twisting to lock into place. I guided the assembly by looking through the headlight lens while inserting (a bit of a stretch, but not bad) to be sure I didn't disturb the LED shields.
This worked perfectly, thank you.

Another question: The way they were shipped, the "shields" were on the bottom of the "bulb." The light looks good; I presume that is the correct orientation of the shield?

...Another question: The way they were shipped, the "shields" were on the bottom of the "bulb." The light looks good; I presume that is the correct orientation of the shield?
Yes. This cuts off light that would otherwise reflect from the bottom of the reflector and shine up. Compare with a conventional bulb.

(Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Well, they are installed, but I'll need to wait until my left fairing sections come back from paint to reassemble and test.

Thank you!

smile.png
That is why I'll continue to run Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs until they get the LED's right. Maybe I'm too anal but the beam pattern is really crucial to me.
How is the life on those bulbs?

I tried something similar on the car but they semed to fail quite a bit sooner.

smile.png
How is the life on those bulbs?

I tried something similar on the car but they semed to fail quite a bit sooner.
I was running Nightbreaker Plus bulbs before they came out with the Unlimiteds for 3 years (about 400 hours), swapped them out while still working just to be pro active. Running one of those old ones in my DR650 now and it's still going (prolly on borrowed time now). The Unlim's. should do at least that. I have about 150 hours on them now.

On the other hand, I ran the Plus bulbs ( H11 single filament) in my Honda Pilot and did not get a year (or even 100 hours) out of them. No such early failure issues with the H4's though.

I've mentioned it in some other bulb threads that I commute at night so I really appreciate the better lighting the premium bulbs give and if I have to swap them out every 3 years, it's well worth it.

I saw these at the SEO Ramble this year, and the lights looked great with good brightness and a beam pattern that was not blinding. Is there any more information or updates to the lights? I assume these are the G6 H4 6500K bulbs being sold on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Evitek-Easy-Installed-Headlights-4500LM/dp/B017M566T4/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1465939289&sr=8-1&keywords=Evitek%2C+H4+G6

After 5-years my right side HID is out, and rather than repair, I'm considering the LEDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw these at the SEO Ramble this year, and the lights looked great with good brightness and a beam pattern that was not blinding. Is there any more information or updates to the lights? I assume these are the G6 H4 6500K bulbs being sold on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Evitek-Easy-Installed-Headlights-4500LM/dp/B017M566T4/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1465939289&sr=8-1&keywords=Evitek%2C+H4+G6
After 5-years my right side HID is out, and rather than repair, I'm considering the LEDs.
These are the lights I tried and ended up selling.

Very bright, without a doubt , but IMHO, poor pattern control.

They might fair better in different optics than the 2 bikes I tested them on.