Split: Off-Topic About Customer Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A happy customer still has to pay his bill. As the servicing mechanic a smile is worth more than a tip. Sometimes a tipping customer feels as though now you owe them special treatment.  Everyone gets taken care of. That smile means more to me personally than a tip does.

A happy customer still has to pay his bill. As the servicing mechanic a smile is worth more than a tip. Sometimes a tipping customer feels as though now you owe them special treatment.  Everyone gets taken care of. That smile means more to me personally than a tip does.
Money is a material reward for a successful job.

I get it. Do alot of free work for local motopeeps. A smile and a beer is sufficient payment for this backyard tech.

Every now and then over the last couple decades, I've told someone I can help them "for chocolate". 

All depends upon what the real commitment to see a repair through becomes...