Sport touring seat for a Honda Blackbird

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpo

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a seat that made for my 97 Honda Blackbird that would firm it up and widen it for longer distance comfort. I just don't want a RDL design because I want to be able to ride in a sporty way sometimes.

Is there a place that can make the stock seat better? 

Sargent.  Not sure if they still offer a seat for the Blackbird but they can take your stock pan and build it like you want.  Had them rework a Corbin seat on a BMW once for K100RS and it was probably the best seat I ever had.  Put close to 200, 000 miles on that seat.  They have a build sheet to tell you how you want it built.  Might give them an email contact.  They usually reply promptly.

Another thought, search around for local guys who do upholstery work.  A little firmer foam and a cover is well within their wheelhouse sometimes.  That way you could have it done exactly the way you want it.

Also:  Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda CBR 1100XX | 800-538-7035

Don't know if you have ever had a Corbin.  They tend to be firm and need a little breaking in.  I have had several and liked them all.

Corbin saddles are a lightning rod.  People either love them or hate them.  Lots of haters.  No one knows your butt like you do.  The Corbin will probably lower the seat height if you are inseam challenged.  If the legs are long that might not be so good.  

my riding bud has a '97 with Corbin seat and beetle bags...loves the seat...we do 4 or 5 hundredmile days