SS1000 to CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I see that was a quote. Makes me feel better that my iPhone is not the only device that mucks up quotes.

Tango Sierra was the poster. You do not have to be IBA to witness a ride... or a person of uniform. 2 or 3 witnesses

will be sufficient. It can even be guys riding with him as long as they don't claim the same ride.

I thought you had to be a consecrated member of a super secret society to sign off on a ss ride. If that's not the case, I'll sign. I was born and raised in Chicago where we were taught to vote early and vote often on election day.

All the volunteers for witnesses is great, but I have the IBR winner lined up to be my end witness. How cool is that?? Looking forward to this ride.

We could make it interesting and make you run the Illinois gauntlet... Think Mad Max...

Well good luck to you. I recommend reading all the information on the IBA site to make sure you have all bases covered. If you don't have a LOT of highway on the route you could end up having to ride more hours. Remember your safety is the number one consideration. I am counting on making mine in 18 to 20 hours, so it will allow me some rest time. If you have a spot tracker that can be used as supporting evidence too.

1,200 miles should fun. You managed to avoid most of the big cities. That will help a little. I regularly run straight thru to Moab, UT when I make my regular runs out to the Utah desert. Its 1,340 miles via my route, but many of those miles are slab. I leave home at 5:30am and usually pull into Moab around 1:00am Moab time. Iowa, Nebraska and a fair chunk of Colorado can be covered at speeds 10/15ish over the posted and the law doesn't seem to express much interest in me. I usually end up with an average mph in the mid-70s. I think if you can average 70 for this route you will be nailing it.

I plan on leaving my bike only for intake and exhaust events.
rolleyes.gif
Hopefully I will not be making friends with the local gendarmes in Wisconsin.

The requirements look pretty straight forward, witness start and end, odometer readings, I will verify with my GPS and receipts along the way and my Google map of my route. Just need to make sure I gas at the "corners". Google says I am in the 20ish hour range. I can throw in a little interstate time to Duluth to save time. I just hope someone else arriving Thursday is awake at the hotel when I pull in!

Rick, you have any suggestions to improve the thing? I am open to "expert" opinions...
umnik.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, after posting I noticed the re-route white dot and moved it back where it should be. I'm sure Bob wouldn't have followed that route twist even if presented with it by his GPS while riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
MNFJR05, Looking at your route detail from Green Bay to Fondulac, WI, I would assume you would just be slabbing it down Hwy.41? Route seems to show some "in town" street routing as I see it.

May want to watch your speed in that stretch as well as on Hwy. 23 out of Fondulac.

Thanks xc! I shall recheck my routing and will be extra vigilant in that area. Yes, I was planning on using 41 in that area.

Latest posts