SS1K+

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08FJR4ME

-WYNPRO-
Reaction score
So I left the humble abode at 2:15AM on the way to Latrobe PA. I stopped in Latrobe for about 45 minutes and made the return trip back home in 11 hrs and 45 minutes.

1,142 miles start to finish. It's going to a rough day today but worth it.

Oh I forgot, I was in the cage with a trailer in tow.
tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave may have been picking up some new machine shop equipment to help make more WynPro products :)

Then again, Hillview Motorsports does (did?) have a new '15 A model for $9,979........

HI folks,

So the real story is I now have a new bike to tinker with. I couldn’t pass up such a good deal. I have to tell you these folks were awesome to deal with. Joe was the salesman who worked with me to get this done. He even loaded the bike on the trailer for me along with Jeremy. Jeremy was the person that went over all the neat new things on the 2015 with me. He was very knowledgeable about the bike. I was pretty much toast at the time from driving. I really appreciate the help from those guys doing that for me. They even found some extra straps to tie down the rear so as not to do any damage or make any marks on the bike. I bought a set of cannon Dancers per there recommendation for the handle bars. It was a wise choice.

Joe the sales guy,

100_0167_zpsijdzfhus.jpg

The new happy but somewhat tired owner.

100_0168_zpsgy4eytyr.jpg

Mode of transportation, my wife’s poor car, it needs a brake job now. US 30 was an awesome road for bikes but not trailering on the way home.

100_0172_zpsbgd1uq9g.jpg

Now the farkling begins. 0 miles on the bike. I need to get it registered this week. The state is going to love me. Dammik! That will be the worst part of this whole deal.

Big shout out for Hillview motorsports and there customer service. They gave me a nice T-shirt also. Buy the way they have more 2015's if interested.

100_0169_zpsgbmlr4br.jpg

See ya soon,

Dave

Yes, congrats Dave. But what's this 'winter project' crap?
mda.gif
Ya gotta at least get the 600 service in before the snow flies, no?

(Neat idea with the hockey sticks btw.
smile.png
)

Yes, congrats Dave. But what's this 'winter project' crap?
mda.gif
Ya gotta at least get the 600 service in before the snow flies, no?
(Neat idea with the hockey sticks btw.
smile.png
)
It only takes a day to log 600 miles. Done that before. We will see, maybe a weekend trip will pop up before snow flies. Maybe we could have a grey bike get together. I did take the bike out to the end of the driveway and back to get the mail. That was a 1/4 mile anyway. Now I don't know which bike to put the trailer hitch on. Decisions, decisions. I started to put it on the 08 but didn't get to drilling the holes through the frame yet.

I can't take credit for the hockey sticks. That was my brother in laws trailer I borrowed. He does crazy stuff like that all the time. For now I will be making a list of items to purchase.

Dave

Nice!
So are ya gonna change yer name around here to 15FJR4ME?
Interesting, I didn't even pick up on that. I am still using the 08 and rode it to work today. It will be my daily beater for now. I am trying to see if any of my son's are interested in riding. Having two FJR's will alloy me some downtime to do the maintenance that should have been done long ago.

Dave

Dave,

Bring out the '15 for the ride to the rock next month. If the weather permits, I plan to be there on mine.