Starcom Headset Replacement Connector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToyQuest

Reaction score
After screwing up yet another Starcom headset connector trying to hookup in the rain with helmet and gloves on, I'm in search of a connector better suited to handle the repetitive connect/disconnect than the PS2 DIN connector. I'm fine with the PS2 connector at the helmet. I just need the one at the bike end to be much more forgiving.

Anybody in the electronic business that can point me in the right direction for a 6 pin circular connector? I was looking at something like <this>

After screwing up yet another Starcom headset connector trying to hookup in the rain with helmet and gloves on, I'm in search of a connector better suited to handle the repetitive connect/disconnect than the PS2 DIN connector. I'm fine with the PS2 connector at the helmet. I just need the one at the bike end to be much more forgiving.

Anybody in the electronic business that can point me in the right direction for a 6 pin circular connector? I was looking at something like <this>
Those are not the droids you are looking for... :blink: Those lemo pins are even smaller than the mini-DIN pins.

What might be better for you is a full sized, 6-pin DIN connector, but you would be pretty much on your own as for making adapters or cables up.

PS - I've found that the trick is to not disconnect them as much as possible. Take your helmet off and leave it with the bike (stiill connected) for short stops.

Now... if money is no object, maybe some milspec connectors like these?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have what is known as a mini DIN PS-2 connector. Real men use 5 or 7-pin DIN AT connectors like the ones on the Autocom

You could make up your own adapter to move to a DIN AT connector which is much more forgiving and can be managed with gloves on. Vetco carries DIN connectors to,make your own. Call Vetco and just spec out a DIN plug that meets your needs (how many wires in your PS2?) Another solution would be to convert to an Autocom headset with the heavy DIN connectors, and just do an adapter for that one connection.

Last edited by a moderator: