Stator Cover Info Needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 213

FJR DarkSider #1
Reaction score
Gents and Ladies,

I'm in discussion with a company that makes armored engine case covers and need to know if the stator covers on the different Gen FJRs will interchange. I know they have two different part numbers, but the engine is essentially the same, so my suspicion is that the different parts are only cosmetically different.

Does anyone know for sure?

Does anyone have a Gen II cover, (especially a damaged one!). that they are willing to ship off to aid in the R&D? The cover can be returned to you if you wish. I'm sending a Gen I cover that I have already.

Since the only current offering for engine armor is the Geelong Carbon Craft carbon fiber/kevlar reinforced item and it's become stupidly expensive when ordered from Australia, I decided to ping some manufacturers for options. One has entered into a discussion and is willing to do some R&D to see if they are willing to make some, and at what retail cost.

Likely they will need 50-100 orders to make it worth while, but if I can get a fairly firm price, I will initiate a GB interest thread and if we can get the numbers, a Group Buy. More info once I know some more on cost. Their current offerings run $100-$170 depending on design.

Thanks!

Thank you Sir.

I knew someone would know for sure. Now if someone will donate or loan a Gen II cover, the ball will be moving.

Latest posts